Ipad Mini vs Ipod Touch 5g which one?

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am going back and forth on this myself., last year I bought my son an iPod touch 8gb and he loves it and plays everyday. Also he lives with his mom so we FaceTime every night. It has been a great device for him but it just won't hold enough. I honestly think 8gb has become to small for a touch. So I have decided to get him a new device this year. I am leaning more towards the 32gb touch 5th generation because of its portability. But the extra screen size would be nice.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Well if you already have an iphone 5 i think it would make more sense to get the ipad mini. Having an itouch 5 just does not make any sense its just another device to lug around just for music...

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i think they are simply two devices for TWO DIFFERENT purposes. A touch to me is largely a portable music player. 100% of it's point is a to be portable, fit in my pocket, so i can listen to music while i'm walking around target not buying stuff, sitting on a train, etc. I'm not a big game player so that's not really a big deal. I use my portable music players instead of a cd changer in my car for years. An ipad mini is simply too huge for that. it cover my vents, my dash controls, my ac controls, it's dangerous as it would be in line with my gear shifter. Not saying it's not doable. I know people do that. It's not for me. I got a nice cradle for a smaller player like a touch. I use my iphone, (same size as touch) for gps. I's smaller and less gawdy in a car then a mini would be.

By contrast the selling point of a mini and a ipad are that they are larger form factor tablets. I'd do tablet stuff with them. and specifically things where the larger size matters. Like watch movies on a plane flight. i've done that on my phone but only cause my laptop broke and i didn't like it. i don't watch video on my phone. I say phone cause it's the same size as a touch and i don't actually own a touch. Reading books, i have ebooks but i never read them on my iphone size because the screen is too small. I'd probably do the same with a touch. By contrast i'd use a mini to read books, magazines, etc where the larger size screen is much more conducive to reading.

that's just me. But for me a touch is and ipod. Its portable music for my pocket. an ipad mini doesn't fill that role.

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
i would definitely go ipad mini than ipod touch. price difference is almost insignificant and there are so many more things you can do with a tablet than ipod.

rainbowjohnyboy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the same question so I looked on apples site and everything that's on the iPod touch is on the iPad mini the only difference is the bigger screen and the fact it has a 16gb version the iPad mini even has Siri like the iPhone and iPod touch 5g does I would get the iPad mini that's the one I'm going to get the iPad minibus just 30$ more for a bigger screen get the iPad mini.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77