Ipad mini not wanted?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Just who did they survey - Kindle owners?

Polls are not taken to reflect general opinion. They are taken to MANIPULATE opinion.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just who did they survey - Kindle owners?

Polls are not taken to reflect general opinion. They are taken to MANIPULATE opinion.

Read the article and you would know who did the poll and who was polled. Just because you buy every apple product doesn't mean others feel the same. Don't get your panties in a bunch.:rolleyes:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Read the article and you would know who did the poll and who was polled. Just because you buy every apple product doesn't mean others feel the same. Don't get your panties in a bunch.:rolleyes:

unbunch yourself. The poll was taken in an extremely biased audience, and to conclude a potential iPad mini is pointless is folly. It may be pointless to the biased people surveyed, it's not pointless at all to consumers at large.

read: Why Apple would release a 7-inch iPad | iMore.com

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you, Keith. The iPad mini, at least in my opinion, will be a hit. Why? It will be an iPad that is smaller in size and cheaper to own, not to mention that it will be the next hot thing on the market when released. With the success of the Kindle Fire and the Nook color, there is a market for a smaller version of the iPad and if it is Apple's desire to knock off the competition then it is only logical that it introduces a smaller version of an already coveted device into the market where the going trend is around 7 or so inches. Is it possible that my opinion misses the mark? Of course, it's possible. Will current iPad owners buy the iPad mini? Some of them will. Will the me first crowd buy it? Many of them most certainly will. Heck, I'm even considering buying one for my youngest son so he can stop playing games on mine. ;) Still, we will know soon enough if the poll the OP referenced is accurate or not.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
If they make one it will sell, but I would not say it will be a hit. If they sell more than 5-6 million a year I would be extremely surprised.

The only way to make it cheaper is to strip out features. They won't compromise margins just to sell a product into that market, so $349 is much more likely than $299

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The poll was flawed for lots of reasons. The big one was that almost 80% of them were iphone owners. It also asked which one they would prefer, an iphone 5 or mini ipad. Of course phones are more of a need. And probably the biggest flaw, no one knows what either product will look like or what features they'll have.

scottae316

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have the original iPad and still really love it (but will soon be getting "The New iPad"), but I also own a BlackBerry Playbook and love it also, the size is so portable. If I am out running around I grab the Playbook because it is so easy to carry. I would love an iPad mini, especially if it is as thin as an iPad. It would be the perfect carry around most of the time device.

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Im gonna skip the iPhone 5 for the mini because the damn 5 looks the same as the iPhone 4,4s nothing new to me plus I like the size factor of a smaller 7"'tab over here big 9.7".

loco90

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
As a middle school principal, I am very interested in this device. The size and price could be perfect for a school setting. I have an iPad 2 and a Nook Color. Obviously, both are quite portable, but the Nook is a little easier to handle size wise and would take up less room on a desk.

1776_1865_RIP

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm more interested in a maxi pad (horrible name but I couldn't help it) i.e. 13-14" would open up a whole new world to the iPad regarding productivity apps.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The poll was flawed for lots of reasons. The big one was that almost 80% of them were iphone owners. It also asked which one they would prefer, an iphone 5 or mini ipad. Of course phones are more of a need. And probably the biggest flaw, no one knows what either product will look like or what features they'll have.
Also, it's a poll taken of avid members of a coupon site for cripes sake. These people are going to be "cost & savings oriented" to put it politely, or "cheap" to put it in plain English.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If its at the 199 price point il buy it. I have 2 android tablet users in my house an I just don't like the feel of it. I'm not sure why but apps crash, it slows down and battery life isn't the best.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The question is not do people want the ipad mini. The real question is do people really want nooks,nexus 7's and kindle's. If they don't and the ipad mini does end up in the 200ish price range watch as their sales literally come to a halt.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
If they make one it will sell, but I would not say it will be a hit. If they sell more than 5-6 million a year I would be extremely surprised.

The only way to make it cheaper is to strip out features. They won't compromise margins just to sell a product into that market, so $349 is much more likely than $299

If you could buy a $349 iPad mini that is missing something that the regular iPad has (retina display, multicore processor, front facing camera or whatever) or paying $349 for a brand new fully functional iPad 2? Which do you get? I'd get the iPad 2, personally. Unless you are dead set on a 7" form factor, why would you get the mini? IMO, for the mini to be successful, it will have to have something that the iPad and iPhone or iPod touch don't or be incredibly reasonably priced.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I just grabbed an ipad 3 today. Not waiting for this mini. If it turns out to be 200ish I could see me gifting my dearest with it around xmas time.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you could buy a $349 iPad mini that is missing something that the regular iPad has (retina display, multicore processor, front facing camera or whatever) or paying $349 for a brand new fully functional iPad 2? Which do you get? I'd get the iPad 2, personally. Unless you are dead set on a 7" form factor, why would you get the mini? IMO, for the mini to be successful, it will have to have something that the iPad and iPhone or iPod touch don't or be incredibly reasonably priced.

I agree with this. Personally, I like the full sized iPads. I just got the new iPad and it is a perfect complement to my iPhone. I can see where there would be a market for the 7 inch iPad though. I would definitely get one for my kid if it is reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Right. Given the choice between an iPad "Mini" and my old LG flip phone I'd take my old LG flip phone, not to mention the iPhone "5." I need a phone, as most people do. It doesn't mean I wouldn't want an iPad "Mini," or both, or that just because I don't need it there isn't a huge market for it.

There are so many things with that article / poll it's ridiculous.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner