How do I transfer my own pdf/word/excel files to my PC?

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello To Everyone:

I have an Ipad Mini 4 with Ipad OS but i do not know how to add files like pdf,word,excel to my ipad to watch it on my big display tablet offline and not using or sending the file to my e mail and storing it in there , just i have looked by ways of do that but have found no ways also i wish to know how to add or if there is an way to play FLAC files on ipad .

best regards

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is your computer a Mac? If so, use AirDrop. Alternatively, you can upload your files to iCloud and then go to the Files app on your iPad to view and edit them.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
There many apps like Onedrive, Box, Dropbox and so on that allow you to jump between devices. However, I don’t know about the ability edit. If you create the file on you computer and upload to a cloud storage app and pull down on your mobile you might be in a locked “read only” mode. I think it depends on the app and subscription. I’m almost certain Onedrive comes with Office.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
One idea: With iPadOS 13, you can use a flash drive to access files. Most flash drives require more power than the iPad mini can supply, so you need to buy something that both gives a USB connector and a lightning power connection, such as this lightning to USB3 camera connection kit from Apple: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...htning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter&token=9f6HiVaQ

Another idea: Use an online file syncing service, such as OneDrive or DropBox.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Have you thought about a USB thumb drive? You can open thumb drives with the Files app. All you need is the USB camera adapter from Apple. Here is the one I have:

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...htning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter&token=qxMcuZJj

i have tried with an adapter lightning to USB and the ipad complains by the power used by the thumb drive and can not use it have used thumb drives, SD card readers and etc, but in conclusion do not worthwhile get the biggest size of ipad memory avalaible if can not put an single word or pdf in the memory for offline usage, , in such case is better an android tablet just is more versatile in such case

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd go with cloud storage, such as Google Drive, OneDrive or iCloud. As for the Flac files you just need a player that supports them, there are several in the App Store.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
i have tried with an adapter lightning to USB and the ipad complains by the power used by the thumb drive and can not use it have used thumb drives, SD card readers and etc, but in conclusion do not worthwhile get the biggest size of ipad memory avalaible if can not put an single word or pdf in the memory for offline usage, , in such case is better an android tablet just is more versatile in such case

That's why you need the lightning to USB3 camera adapter, which has a lightning port which can supply power. You can use a portable battery for the power. Also, I believe that there are low-power thumb drives; they need to use less than 100 mamp for it to get enough power from the iPad mini.

in such case is better an android tablet just is more versatile in such case

Sure, but there is almost nothing else about an Android tablet that would be better than an iPad mini, particularly if you already own an iPad mini.