Should I upgrade my iPad mini 4?

anon(10207351)

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Looking to upgrade an iPad mini 4 16gb (want more storage). Which model would you all recommend replacing it with? Not sure if the new 2017 iPad is the right option, or if perhaps I should just get an older model (Pro or mini-4) with more storage than my current one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I you simply want more storage space, but are otherwise satisfied with your current iPad Mini, then buy a newer iPad Mini with more storage capacity. If you're also looking for a larger size iPad then go with an iPad Air 2 or a 9.7" iPad Pro.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious if you have upgraded your iPad? With only 16GB, I definitely would have upgraded -- I went from an iPad Air to the new iPad (5th gen) mostly because I was out of space with 32GB.

I agree with Just_Me_D, buy the size that you feel works best. I'm old enough that I appreciate the 9.7" iPad but, especially for those that constantly carry their iPad, I can see the appeal of a smaller iPad. It seems like, with current prices, there is no real cost advantage to not getting the size you want, at least between the new iPad and the Mini. At the same time, if you feel like you would use the Pro Keyboard or the Apple Pencil, you might want to consider buying the iPad Pro.

So, it depends on what you want/need -- though my one suggestion would be to buy at least 128GB of storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal