Keyboard Case vs Bluetooth Keyboard

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore Community!

I have a silver cellular 64gb iPad Mini 4. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get a bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard case for note taking (One Note and MS Word).

If you had to decide, which one would you go for and why? Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'd go with the keyboard case for the obvious benefit of portability.

Thank you for your response! My only concern with the keyboard case is that it might feel too cramped. I went to stores, but unfortunately they don't have samples of the keyboard case so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response! My only concern with the keyboard case is that it might feel too cramped. I went to stores, but unfortunately they don't have samples of the keyboard case so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

My wife has one for her iPad Mini 2. It's great for casual usage but I wouldn't recommend using it to write term papers or novels.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Even the keyboard cases are Bluetooth, that being said, I didn't have an issue typing on the ZaggFolio Keyboard I bought for the mini I had some time ago. However I do have small hands. I have a Zagg Rugged Book for my Air 2 and it works quite well. It just comes down to what size you're looking for. I believe Zagg makes a more full size keyboard that you just rest your iPad or iPhone in the stand and start typing away.