I've had my Mini 2 since launch a couple years ago and I've really liked it ... Until iOS 9. Honestly it feels sluggish; animations are stuttering and it just isn't running as well as it was. Also, I really like the fingerprint scanner on my phone (Galaxy S6) and it would be nice to have it on my tablet. So, do you guys think it would be a solid upgrade? Or is there a possibility of my iPad receiving an update that improves performance? I'm not in a rush to upgrade but I am considering it, especially as a device I use every day is feeling and performing "old".

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-16-2015 12:14 AM
    Welcome to iMore! My wife has a first generation iPad Mini and it is also feeling a little sluggish since installing iOS 9. That being said, iOS 9.1 is in public beta and I'm experiencing and hearing pretty good things about it. You may have a better experience using 9.1. If you don't feel like waiting for the official release you can sign up for the public beta program here. As always, just understand that this is pre-release software, which means that Apple has yet to deem it ready for the masses.

Or, you could buy yourself a shiny new iPad. The Air 2 is AMAZING
    10-16-2015 12:22 AM
    OK, thanks for the reply. I like the Air 2, my friend has one, but I really like the Mini's form factor. I hope iOS 9.1 works better, I really didn't think the Mini 2 would suffer so much on it; I even waited 2 weeks after the iOS 9 update and from what I read it said it was fine... If the 9.1 update doesn't improve performance then the Mini 4 will start to look really good.

10-16-2015 02:11 PM
    9.1 Public Beta works nicely on my Air, which is the same chip and guts as your Mini 2.

I also own a Mini 4 (always said my upgrade would be to a mini with 2 GB of RAM). It's smooth. Form factor is slightly frustrating for me, which surprises because I've been happy with all the iPhone sizes, but you're used to it so you'd like it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 02:33 AM
    OK I'll wait out for 9.1. If it still runs poorly then an upgrade may be in the works...

10-22-2015 04:06 PM
    Hey, I bought a Mini2 a while ago and it is still good for me. I dont see why I should upgrade the new Mini has nothing that the old one hasnt. And the Mini 3 was just a Mini 2 with a TouchID so I guess after only one version you can still stick with your 2
    01-11-2016 12:30 PM
    Hey, I bought a Mini2 a while ago and it is still good for me. I dont see why I should upgrade the new Mini has nothing that the old one hasnt. And the Mini 3 was just a Mini 2 with a TouchID so I guess after only one version you can still stick with your 2
    I want the split screen on the Mini 4... I wish they'd give it to the Mini 2...
    01-11-2016 05:51 PM
    True... its pure ignorance by apple.
    01-13-2016 08:41 AM
    True... its pure ignorance by apple.
    I get your sarcasm, if they put split screen on the Mini 2, then who'd need a Mini 4??? But just the same, I can still wish ROFL...
    01-13-2016 11:06 PM