Do you like your iPad Mini 3?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen a lot of reviews for the Mini 3, which I attribute to not being much different than the Mini 2. Since I never owned the Mini 2 and don't know what that one was like. I was wondering what you guys or gals who purchased the Mini 3 thought about it. Is the text sharp in Safari? How are the colors? I know WiFi didn't get an update, but does it still work well enough with most routers?
I had the Air 2 and returned it due to a few problems that it had. I was thinking about getting a 64GB Mini 3 to use at home or for the few times that I travel.
Let me know how you like your Mini 3's and whether or not you would purchase it again.

Thanks. :)

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I love it. My original Mini wasn't liking iOS 8.1 at all. So when I traded it into the Apple store, I had a choice of a 32GB Mini 2 or a 64GB 3 (in my price range). I really thought the finger print scanner and more space were worth it. I still do and I don't have a single regret about getting the Mini 3.

I've had no issues with crashes, restarts, or any other issues. I think the resolution is great and I love reading on it as well. It looks very sharp for videos too. I'm also not having any Wi-Fi trouble with my home or work.

Overall, I think it's a pretty great device and I certainly would recommend it.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What problems did you have with the Air 2? I think folks would really find that information useful in their decisions.

I am torn between the two, having actually picked up an Air 2, it's so incredibly light. After using an iPad 3 for a couple years, it's drastically different. I think for an every day device, the mini fits my lifestyle more.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What problems did you have with the Air 2? I think folks would really find that information useful in their decisions.

I am torn between the two, having actually picked up an Air 2, it's so incredibly light. After using an iPad 3 for a couple years, it's drastically different. I think for an every day device, the mini fits my lifestyle more.
First, I really didn't like how thin Apple made the iPad Air 2. I prefer a more solid feeling iPad like my iPad Air 1. The iPad Air 2 that I had would freeze while using Safari a few times a day which is something that I use at least 90% of the time. Touch ID would not work half the time and I ended up turning it off anyway.

For now I have re activated my Air 1 and updated it to 8.1.1 which I am finding is a lot better than 8.0 and runs very well on the Air 1. I might look at the Mini 3 again later but for now the Air 1 will fit my tablet usage.

arelaxsound

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Mini 3 is far more frequent use and take in hands, the resolution is ok,while air 2 doesn't suit the pocket and need more space for take it.

wildphoenix24

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I like my mini 3 considering I'm coming from a mini 1. I just wish T-Mobile had the 64 gig available at stores instead of only selling the 16 gig model and having people order the other models online.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I like my mini 3 considering I'm coming from a mini 1. I just wish T-Mobile had the 64 gig available at stores instead of only selling the 16 gig model and having people order the other models online.

I wish they'd carry bigger sizes in stores for all their devices. AT&T and Verizon carry bigger sizes, Sprint does too (Sometimes). I think they'd make more in store sales if they'd carry the bigger sizes of popular devices like iPads, iPhones, etc.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPad Mini 3! It is my first iPad. I was trying to figure out which one I should order the iPad Mini 2 or 3. I'm happy I have the 64 gig storage and he Touch ID. I know they say there's no difference between the 2 and 3 but my friends Wi-Fi connectivity is not as good as mine. May not be anything.

A.B.

TVTechGrl

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded from the original mini to the mini 3 (64GB) and I love it! It's faster and the retina display is wonderful.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
First, I really didn't like how thin Apple made the iPad Air 2. I prefer a more solid feeling iPad like my iPad Air 1. The iPad Air 2 that I had would freeze while using Safari a few times a day which is something that I use at least 90% of the time. Touch ID would not work half the time and I ended up turning it off anyway.

For now I have re activated my Air 1 and updated it to 8.1.1 which I am finding is a lot better than 8.0 and runs very well on the Air 1. I might look at the Mini 3 again later but for now the Air 1 will fit my tablet usage.

I also prefer the weight of the air 1. The main reason why I got the 2 was because I was out of space on the 1 (32GB) and I was constantly having to delete things or things were automatically being deleted to free up space. I've ordered the Apple smart case in the hope that it will bulk it up a bit.

My mini 3 is great though. No complaints.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I love my iPad Mini 3! It is my first iPad. I was trying to figure out which one I should order the iPad Mini 2 or 3. I'm happy I have the 64 gig storage and he Touch ID. I know they say there's no difference between the 2 and 3 but my friends Wi-Fi connectivity is not as good as mine. May not be anything.

A.B.

It's the same wifi chip. Could be other factors, like distance to a router, structures, congestion, direction the chip is facing, other network activity...

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been a hands down Android user for years, but always had to touch the iPads when I visited BestBuy. Nexus 5 & 7, and a Chromebook, but my experience using the mini has been super. I picked up a iPhone 5S, but it ships back to T-Mobile tomorrow, the touch screen was messed up bad, and my Nexus 5 is my daily driver.

I truly understand when people say Apple/ios devices "just work", no longer have to worry about battery life, freezing, etc...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen