Should I return the iPad air 2 for the Mini 3?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPad air 2 or mini 3?

Agree with Karen. The 2 has the same specs other than Touch ID

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Only reason why I went with the Mini 3 is because there were larger storage amounts available in the Apple store than the Mini 2. I prefer the Mini size to the Air. I really love my Mini. It's fast and does what I need it to!

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

I do not understand threads like this.
Why do people ask a bunch of strangers such a simple question that completely revolves around personal tastes?

You said "I like the size of mini more."
So, then get the mini.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
iPad air 2 or mini 3?

Sometimes people are conflicted, and after spending large amounts of money, they just need feedback. It's just about getting support and opinions from the community.

I find sometimes I'm "On the fence" too, this community always helps me through it.

eeemily

Banned
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

iPad Air 2 performances better than iPad mini 3. It's not a good idea to return Air 2 for mini 3.

iPad mini 3

Pros

Touch ID included
Long battery life
Better display

Cons

Lacks the processor and camera upgrade
Commands a $100 premium over last year's model

Summary

The iPad mini 3 is just as good as its predecessor; it is still a compelling choice despite the lack of upgrades.

iPad Air 2

Pros

Thinner and lighter design
Improved A8X processor
Touch ID fingerprint sensor
Better rear and front-facing cameras
Higher configurations

Cons

Battery life could be better
Some will miss the mute switch
Easily resonate owing to the audio playback via speakers

Summary

The iPad Air 2 is Apple's most powerful tablet yet, and is incredibly thin and light. It is a nice refinement and finesse of last year's model, and should definitely be one of your top tablet considerations.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I ordered the Air 2 the day it went on sale, as it had the awesome specs. I also was coming from an iPad 3, and wanted the smaller form factor. I cancelled my iPad Air 2 before it shipped and got a mini 3 and couldn't be happier.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I had an iPad 2 and when my son confiscated it so I bought a Mini (1st gen) around the time the iPad 3 with retina was available. I loved the lighter weight and the smaller size, and didn't care that it wasn't retina. I was getting a smaller tablet with the same specs as the iPad 2 I had, albeit with a smaller screen so the pixels were more compact.... or so the websites all said.

I still use it, and though it's feeling a bit dated now with the older processor, I'm looking at updating it. I'm spoiled with Touch ID on my iPhone 6 so will at least be the iPad Air 2 or Mini 3... even with the lighter weight of the iPad Air 2, I still think the Mini 3 is what I want as I really do like that size. A bit disappointing it has the A7 chip vs A8 but for Tapatalk, e-mail, web, etc., with a few random games thrown in there, I think it'll be fine.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Why trade in a device that is less equipped with technologies the iPad Air possess? Don't see the logic in that. It's light thin and has all the goodies

Netforza

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

The question is, do you have any problems with your iPad air 2.
It somehow does not satisfy your needs?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Why trade in a device that is less equipped with technologies the iPad Air possess? Don't see the logic in that. It's light thin and has all the goodies
If that were the case they wouldn't make the Mini. And maybe they won't in the future but for now it's an option. For some the smaller size is more important than specs.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Definitely better deal with a 32GB Mini 2 unless you absolutely need more storage, then I'd consider the 64GB Mini 3. TouchID on an iPad just isn't useful enough to warrant going for the Mini 3 IMO.

As far as switching from the Air 2, I'd only switch if I absolutely didn't like the Air 2's size. With an Apple Smart Case, the Air 2 was like a notebook. Didn't have any issues carrying it around. I can totally see why some would prefer the Mini 3 2/3, though. The size difference is kind of substantial :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully, ipad mini 3 drops price before new ipad mini comes out end of this year.

Typically, the older generation devices see a price drop WHEN the new models come out. It's doubtful you will see a price drop before the new iPads are launched.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site

No! While they were both released at the same time, the Air 2 has better specs and more ram.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2