They’re here!!!!!!!!!

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
How about th eportability aspect? Or is the 11" model small enough to make portability not an important consideration?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It's cool that they brought the form factor back. It's a great portability size. I don't usually take my iPad anywhere though and I like the larger screen size of the bigger ones. I actually just sort of got an upgrade. We're sending my 5th gen iPad (2017 model?) to my in-laws in Ireland, I got my wife's 10.5 Pro which is a massive processing upgrade for me, and she went with the 2018 iPad. She wasn't using the Pro features etc. and wanted to just do the 2018 model over 2019 Air to save a few $$$.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not for me. I’m getting an iPad Pro 12.9”

I am past home buttons and bezels in my life. Feels very archaic.

I absolutely love the look of the Pro but I’m not carrying that huge thing around with me LOL. It’s bigger than my MacBook Air & I absolutely loathe carrying that when I have to

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I loved my iPad Mini 1st gen when it came out. Ended up switching to the iPad Air at the time. Ive always loved the form factor of the iPad mini. Im glad they updated it. I want to get one to pair up with my iPhone X. Also happy about the darker space gray.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I know I can’t be the only one excited about the new iPad mini. I have a mini2 & will finally be upgrading. I didn’t see a need to upgrade when the 4 came out, but now my 2 is showing its age. The larger iPads are too big for me & the 4 was just too old.

Will you all get a new Mini?

I’ve always loved the mini size too. Lightweight, portable and easy to read books. ❤️

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Too small for me, use a kindle for books. Couldn't go below 11". Although if i could set one up in my car would be cheaper than a CarPlay unit, for my car anyway.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Too small for me, use a kindle for books. Couldn't go below 11". Although if i could set one up in my car would be cheaper than a CarPlay unit, for my car anyway.

You could probably do it. I know people used to use Google's Nexus 7 tablet as an entertainment unit like that.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
got a gen 3 and a 5, the 3 still hangs in there despite the last” genius” I spoke to telling me it would die in a couple of months over a year ago, so I don’t need one.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I use a kindle for books too, but my mini is for surfing the web, playing games, & watching things. Since I’m doing the trial for News+, it’s a great device to look at magazines on. Not too big, not too small.

anon(860299)

Apr 3, 2019
Visit site
I just bought one despite owning a 9.7" one.

I figure use the 9.7" one for Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc Use the Mini for everything else. I'm a colorist and a writer so it'll be nice.

blemoon42

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I got the gold 256 one coming today I’m excited l always loved the minis for there size and portability to just throw in the purse and go.

I have the 10.5 pro in rose gold but for me l find its to big to carry anywhere plus my grand daughter usually is using that one when she comes to visit.
Plus it’s a shiny new device coming lol

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just got offered a 64gb by my Telco for $24 a month, works out $223 below retail here spread over 24mths. Only 2gb data but we share. Would be a good size between my XR and 11" pro.
Think i would be mad not to take it??

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Replying from my new iPad mini. I loved my original one and now I have one with current specs.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I’m using a gen 2 to write this. It is still going strong. I will probably pick up a new one when they start putting them on sale. Love the size of the mini. I use it for 90 percent of my web viewing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR