iPad Mini is lagging. Any suggestions?

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I have an IPad mini, and the thing lags more than my old android phones! lol. I'm not sure if its because I installed the latest software or what but, its to the point where I don't even bother powering it on. It doesn't hardly have any apps on it, and I hardly ever used it because of this problem. I tried doing a hard reset and everything, and I don't know what to do. When I first got it, it worked fine. Any suggestions. Its a second gen I believe

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I have an IPad mini, and the thing lags more than my old android phones! lol. I'm not sure if its because I installed the latest software or what but, its to the point where I don't even bother powering it on. It doesn't hardly have any apps on it, and I hardly ever used it because of this problem. I tried doing a hard reset and everything, and I don't know what to do. When I first got it, it worked fine. Any suggestions. Its a second gen I believe

Just for reference, the iPad mini's processor is going to be about 10 times slower in performance tests than the iPhone 6S. The iPad mini 2 is going to be about 5 times faster than the iPad Mini and half as fast as the iPhone 6S.

I did a clean install of iOS 9.3.2 on my original iPad Mini and set up as new. That made a huge difference. Facebook takes 15 seconds to load, but that is Facebook and once it loads, there is little to no lag in its' operation. The original iPad mini only has 512 MB of RAM, so loading huge apps like Facebook will take longer. All my music apps like iMachine and NanoStudio work well with no lag at all. Videos play with no lag at all to me.

My iPad mini 2 doesn't have any noticeable lag at all to me.

The idea that the newer version of the OS is slowing down an older device is really faulty since Apple has no control over an app developer who chooses to only optimize their apps for newer hardware or discontinue the app entirely. A clean install of the OS and setting up as new can actually make a world of good difference. IOS 9'a App Thinning helps a lot.

http://www.imore.com/app-thinning-ios-9-explained

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal