Why won't my Facebook app update(design is still old)?

natteulvendk

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Facebook app wont update(design is still old)

Hi i tried updating facebook on my girlfriends ipad mini, to get the new facebook look, where the choices are in the bottom of the screen, where you select to see news, and notifications etc.

But after update she still has the old design with all those things up in top in the blue bar, even on the screenshot you see under the app when dowloading it have the new design..

is there any way to get that new and updated design, because her facebook app is very very slow with this old design.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook app wont update(design is still old)

Make sure the iPad is on the latest version of iOS. If it's on a previous version, then the app store will only offer a version of the app that works with the old iOS.

natteulvendk

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

the ipad is on the latest iOS , she is updating more than i have, i still haven't updated my own iOS and i have the new design

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

the ipad is on the latest iOS , she is updating more than i have, i still haven't updated my own iOS and i have the new design

Have her sign out if the Facebook app. Then swipe the Facebook app out of the multitasking tray. Then delete the app. Go to Settings >Facebook and sign out of Facebook. Reboot iPad. Then sign back in to Facebook in Settings. Download the Facebook app. Sign back in to the app. If that does not work, she should contact iTunes or Apple support.

natteulvendk

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

i tried this twice after i read your post but no good :( gonan get my sticky fingers on to apple Costumerservice now :D

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Hi i tried updating facebook on my girlfriends ipad mini, to get the new facebook look, where the choices are in the bottom of the screen, where you select to see news, and notifications etc.

But after update she still has the old design with all those things up in top in the blue bar, even on the screenshot you see under the app when dowloading it have the new design..

is there any way to get that new and updated design, because her facebook app is very very slow with this old design.

When i got my iPhone 6 it had the updated FB app but i restored it and started fresh about a month later and ended up back with the old FB app.
Nothing fixed it except patience, a random FB app update was downloaded and bam, the updated looking FB app was back.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Do you get the latest gui on the mobile web app?

mmmay123

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site

So you already solve this problem? Same issues here. I have an updated IOS, fb app and messenger. But still my app look the old version. If already solved, let me know please. Thanks

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

So you already solve this problem? Same issues here. I have an updated IOS, fb app and messenger. But still my app look the old version. If already solved, let me know please. Thanks

Do you have an iPad Mini 2. I have an iPad Mini 2 and with both iOS 10.3.3 and the iOS 11 beta I am running the latest Facebook app just fine.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Not all Facebook, as well as other apps like Twitter, are updated to a new look at the same time. My wife got the Facebook app with the profile photo in the middle several weeks before I did. You'll probably get it soon.

mmmay123

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site

I dont have ipad mini2 only iphone 7 plus and i update it many times but still look an old one. Anyone who knows how to solve this?

Jlai8009

Jun 17, 2019
Visit site

im having trouble too ive got 2 facebook accounts, one of em shows the updated fb where as when i logged in to the other account its still shows the old fb app

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Not all Facebook, as well as other apps like Twitter, are updated to a new look at the same time. My wife got the Facebook app with the profile photo in the middle several weeks before I did. You'll probably get it soon.
@Jlai8009 Please see this message posted by @Ledsteplin. It's a good explanation. You could also contact Facebook app Support.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

im having trouble too ive got 2 facebook accounts, one of em shows the updated fb where as when i logged in to the other account its still shows the old fb app

I have 3 Facebook accounts. Mine do the same way. They don't update to the newest version at the same time. That's normal, as they roll them out a little at a time. Twitter is the same way. I got a new Twitter look weeks before my cousin got it. Facebook has 2.38 billion active monthly users. That's a lot. So, new updated versions go out in batches over time.