Hi i tried updating facebook on my girlfriends ipad mini, to get the new facebook look, where the choices are in the bottom of the screen, where you select to see news, and notifications etc.

But after update she still has the old design with all those things up in top in the blue bar, even on the screenshot you see under the app when dowloading it have the new design..

is there any way to get that new and updated design, because her facebook app is very very slow with this old design.
    07-14-2015 05:20 AM
    Make sure the iPad is on the latest version of iOS. If it's on a previous version, then the app store will only offer a version of the app that works with the old iOS.
    07-14-2015 09:36 AM
    the ipad is on the latest iOS , she is updating more than i have, i still haven't updated my own iOS and i have the new design
    07-14-2015 09:42 AM
    the ipad is on the latest iOS , she is updating more than i have, i still haven't updated my own iOS and i have the new design
    Have her sign out if the Facebook app. Then swipe the Facebook app out of the multitasking tray. Then delete the app. Go to Settings >Facebook and sign out of Facebook. Reboot iPad. Then sign back in to Facebook in Settings. Download the Facebook app. Sign back in to the app. If that does not work, she should contact iTunes or Apple support.
    07-14-2015 11:46 AM
    i tried this twice after i read your post but no good gonan get my sticky fingers on to apple Costumerservice now
    07-15-2015 09:24 AM
    i tried this twice after i read your post but no good gonan get my sticky fingers on to apple Costumerservice now
    Facebook updates every 2 weeks. What happens on her iPad when they update?
    07-15-2015 09:16 PM
    Facebook has an update today. So her app should update!
    07-16-2015 04:57 PM
    Hi i tried updating facebook on my girlfriends ipad mini, to get the new facebook look, where the choices are in the bottom of the screen, where you select to see news, and notifications etc.

But after update she still has the old design with all those things up in top in the blue bar, even on the screenshot you see under the app when dowloading it have the new design..

is there any way to get that new and updated design, because her facebook app is very very slow with this old design.

When i got my iPhone 6 it had the updated FB app but i restored it and started fresh about a month later and ended up back with the old FB app.
    Nothing fixed it except patience, a random FB app update was downloaded and bam, the updated looking FB app was back.
    Last edited by phoon61; 07-16-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    07-16-2015 05:22 PM
    You can have an old one if you're on an older iOS.
    07-16-2015 05:25 PM
    Do you get the latest gui on the mobile web app?
    07-16-2015 05:29 PM
    So you already solve this problem? Same issues here. I have an updated IOS, fb app and messenger. But still my app look the old version. If already solved, let me know please. Thanks
    07-31-2017 06:00 PM
    So you already solve this problem? Same issues here. I have an updated IOS, fb app and messenger. But still my app look the old version. If already solved, let me know please. Thanks
    Do you have an iPad Mini 2. I have an iPad Mini 2 and with both iOS 10.3.3 and the iOS 11 beta I am running the latest Facebook app just fine.
    07-31-2017 09:24 PM
    Not all Facebook, as well as other apps like Twitter, are updated to a new look at the same time. My wife got the Facebook app with the profile photo in the middle several weeks before I did. You'll probably get it soon.
    07-31-2017 09:39 PM
    I dont have ipad mini2 only iphone 7 plus and i update it many times but still look an old one. Anyone who knows how to solve this?
    08-01-2017 01:53 AM