Hi from new user

Rieder59

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I looked around at the different iPads, always wanted one and particularly when I saw a friends iPad 3 a year or so back. I already had the Tab 3 8" and looked at full size but decided on the iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display as it is the right size for me, is higher spec than the iPad 3 and just below that of the iPad air Processor wise. I walk with a stick but do as much photography as I can, so not taking my lappy, getting rid of my SLR and using the iPad Mini really works well for me with the resultant weight loss. I sold the Tab 3 to finance the iPad2, hated parting with it but love the iPad I got.

I replaced the SLR with a Bridge Camera which is much lighter and no lenses to carry. The iPad will replace the lappy on Photography Club meets so that helps. I chose the 16GB model as I don't need loads of photographs, music, video etc. Then I had second thoughts and spotted the Ravpower 5 in 1 and ordered it-be here Friday all being well. This gives me SD Card, USB drives including sticks and USB HDD, its own Wi Fi connection/hot spot and internet and NAS Server so it can stream video/music to the iPad and other devices (5 at a time), a built in battery power pack to charge my phones etc for ?29.99 currently on Amazon.

I use my Windows Phone (Don't shoot me, I love it, got the Nokia 920) as a good camera, will use the iPad because the pics and display are brilliant. There are areas where these smaller items will excel, where the Canon Bridge Camera has a 1200mm lens and the Lumix a 496mm lens but I can still travel light. This is my first iPad, never had an iPhone, but I did have an iTouch and a Mac Mini, pre Intel version so no stranger to Apple.

Rieder59

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Just some feedback. I got the RavPower 5 in 1 from Amazon. Tested an SD Card, A USB Stick and a 500GB external HDD on the iPad 16GB I bought. All work brilliantly from the RavPower. I exported a film from my television digital recorder to a USB stick, put that into the RavPower and streamed the content to the iPad. The picture was brilliant and the streaming was constant and no breaks, I just had to get OPlayer Lite or something to play it on. Finally I used the RavPower to recharge my phone. What a bargain! Just a FYI for anyone looking for something similar in the future.