Anybody getting the Mini 3?

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I love my RMini and can't think of a good enough reason to update this cycle since I don't see the value in having Touch ID on an iPad. I have it on the 5s and love it because I take it out and use it several more times a day. The gets used for longer stretches so less important to have Touch ID in my opinion. With that said I am really interested to see what the next generation brings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to see what features the new mini will have. My rMini definitely serves its purpose & it's a great device. I also don't upgrade my iPads every year, so the 3 will have to be extraordinary.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm just gonna stay with my Mini 2. No compelling reason for me to get another. Especially because my current one is jailbroken on iOS 7.1.2 with XBMC.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I took advantage of the price drop and got myself a Retina Mini '2'. The 100 bucks extra for the 3 didn't seem worth it to me. That said, I had an iPad 3rd gen years ago, didn't like it, went to a Nexus 7, didn't like that either. I think I have found my tablet. Wonderful little device. I decided to keep my iPhone 5 due to its size and my lifestyle, and the iPad mini for when I am home relaxing.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Sticking with my Retina iPad mini I got for christmas last year. Not enough new features to warrant a new iPad mini.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
When the sales are off the so called experts will just blame the 6 plus or that the mini form factor isn't appealing anymore. Never mind it was a poor update.

MattKerwin

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
it doesnt make sense to upgrade from the 2 to 3...read a great article on why the 2 is currently the better buy...the only upgrade possible worthy of a change is to the air 2...if you dont mind going a little bigger

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to see what features the new mini will have. My rMini definitely serves its purpose & it's a great device. I also don't upgrade my iPads every year, so the 3 will have to be extraordinary.

It didn't turn out to be extraordinary nor did it even have me thinking about it. Touch ID is not enough to get me to upgrade. Just like the 4 didn't get me to upgrade from my 3 just for the lightening port. I'm definitely passing on this one.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No. The mini 3 isn't worth it imo. The only difference is touch ID and Apple pay isn't even supported in my country now. I had the original mini and went to the iPad Air and have now just gone to the mini 2.

Rieder59

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I only purchased the iPad 2 Mini with Retina display 2 weeks ago. Grabbed it quick before the 2 ran out of stock and the 3 took over. I had no interest in paying extra for the touch/fingerprint sensor. Two weeks in I know I made the right choice and I am well happy with my purchase.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased the mini 2, I might pass on the mini 3; touch ID is not really worth the extra money for the small cosmetic changes. This is my upgrade from an iPad 3. Had a original iPad mini before the iPad 3, it was just the right size.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the original Mini. So when I traded in devices for credit at the Apple store recently, they only had higher GB models in the Mini 3. So I've got a Mini 3. I do like it a lot actually. Touch ID can be really useful I think.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the original Mini. So when I traded in devices for credit at the Apple store recently, they only had higher GB models in the Mini 3. So I've got a Mini 3. I do like it a lot actually. Touch ID can be really useful I think.

Does any apple store offer credit or was it just that one store you went to, or was it a promotion offer?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Does any apple store offer credit or was it just that one store you went to, or was it a promotion offer?

I'm pretty sure they all offer it most likely. For me, I have to say that I could of got more for my devices than the Apple store gave me. They don't offer the most for your devices. It was the fact that I was returning my 6 and had started having trouble with my Mini. Plus my other 5c that was just collecting dust. So it was convenient to just bring all those devices in. I'd originally intended to trade them and get a 5s, then just put the rest in my savings. However, I started playing with a Mini 3 on display. Sure enough I really wanted it so I walked out with that instead. Still had a little cash after returning the 6. Got a 5s a few days later!

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they all offer it most likely. For me, I have to say that I could of got more for my devices than the Apple store gave me. They don't offer the most for your devices. It was the fact that I was returning my 6 and had started having trouble with my Mini. Plus my other 5c that was just collecting dust. So it was convenient to just bring all those devices in. I'd originally intended to trade them and get a 5s, then just put the rest in my savings. However, I started playing with a Mini 3 on display. Sure enough I really wanted it so I walked out with that instead. Still had a little cash after returning the 6. Got a 5s a few days later!

Sound great, I might try that soon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW