iPad rMini or Air + iPhone 6...???

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Just looking for general opinion regarding the rumored iPhone screen size (4.7in) being increased with Apple's upcoming release and the iPad rMini. I currently have the rMini but planning on getting the iPhone 6 when it's released and was thinking that maybe I should go with an iPad Air instead of the rMini along with the iPhone due to the larger difference in screen size. Please chime in with your views....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just looking for general opinion regarding the rumored iPhone screen size (4.7in) being increased with Apple's upcoming release and the iPad rMini. I currently have the rMini but planning on getting the iPhone 6 when it's released and was thinking that maybe I should go with an iPad Air instead of the rMini along with the iPhone due to the larger difference in screen size. Please chime in with your views....

I will go with the iPad Air when I upgrade. For the reason you mentioned.....greater differentiation between screen sizes.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Or if they release the phablet version of the iPhone you could just get that and have an all in one device. Personally, I like having two devices. I have the 5S and the Air. And between the two of them, my needs have been met.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Or if they release the phablet version of the iPhone you could just get that and have an all in one device. Personally, I like having two devices. I have the 5S and the Air. And between the two of them, my needs have been met.

I'm a geek. I want as many iDevices as I can get.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm a geek. I want as many iDevices as I can get.

I have iPhone 5, Mini non retina and MBA 13" and happy with it. My dad has Air and he envies the size of mini and has offered me to exchange his with mine.. Lol

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have iPhone 5, Mini non retina and MBA 13" and happy with it. My dad has Air and he envies the size of mini and has offered me to exchange his with mine.. Lol

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

The mini is a good size for some things. But I use my Air a lot for work and I need the extra screen.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You just have to decide what screen size you want. If you like the size and portability of the Mini, get it, but if you like the size of the Air, then get that.

I have the rMini and I plan on keeping it when I get the 6. It fits my needs perfectly and I like how portable it is.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You just have to decide what screen size you want. If you like the size and portability of the Mini, get it, but if you like the size of the Air, then get that.

I have the rMini and I plan on keeping it when I get the 6. It fits my needs perfectly and I like how portable it is.

One of the advantages I see of the mini is when iOS 8 drops and you can use a gesture type keyboard. Then I won't need such a big screen. The big screen helps me a lot because I use the software keyboard a lot for typing. This is very difficult to type in the traditional style with the mini. With the Air it is quite easy. But when gesture typing is available, it won't matter. I will be able to just swipe and should be just as fast. Then a smaller device being a little easier to handle would be ideal.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking the same. I like my Air but I think I'd rather a mini after having the Air for almost a full year. I think if the 5.5" is announced and I like it I'll stick with that. If I need a little more screen I'll just go with a rMini. But if no 5.5" is announced I'll definitely get rMini and a 4.7.

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 5s but not planning to upgrade. I have a mini 2 and love it, but somewhat tempted by the size of the air, or air 2 for viewing websites mostly and watching videos , but can't bear the thought of parting with my mini 2! I use it for reading and prefer the portrait typing experience and I like carrying it around the house with me although I don't take it out much. I can't justify having both so I guess I will keep the mini 2, although it might be fun to buy one to try and return it if I don't prefer it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've gone back to the mini for its portability. The air is great but it's not good for on the go use. It's hard for me because I want a tablet I can put in my handbag everyday but I also like watching a lot of videos and movies on my tablet. Right now I've got a mini retina and a Samsung galaxy tab pro 10.1. I'll definitely keep the mini as there is no better smaller tablet. I'll carry on with the tab pro for a while longer. I may replace it with the air 2 at Christmas.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to go with the retina mini because for me I like the larger screen of the mini, but still not full on iPad for portability. The 4.7-retina mini size doesn't bother me as not being "enough of a difference"

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I like having a large difference in the screen sizes. Large iPad, with a smaller phone. I was using the combo of the iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2 for about a month and I can honestly say that I used my Mini much less because of the increased size of the iPhone. Then, I upgraded my Mini to an Air 2 and found I use my iPad much more now, and actually prefer a smaller phone with a larger iPad. Having a massive jump in screen real estate from the 6 to the Air 2 is great, and this combo works best for me. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711