Anybody getting buyers remorse?

android6391

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, just wondering if anybody has felt any buyers remorse after buying the iPad mini retina and thought maybe they should have went with the air? Still trying to decide whether I should have went for the bigger screen as I don't use it out of the house much! Any thoughts? Has anybody got both? If so which one do you find yourself using more often?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went from an iPad 3 to the mini retina. The larger display offered a more relaxed reading and browsing experience, but I found due to it's size, it never left home. Since I also have a 13" MacBook Air for home duties, when it came time to get a new iPad I got the smaller form factor as I wanted something more portable to carry around. It's great for gaming and text entry (using two thumbs in portrait mode, like a big smartphone) as well. The trade off between size and portability was worth it for me.

If you won't be using it away from home, then the larger Air may be better suited for you.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
No buyers remorse whatsoever! I bought the LTE Retina Mini so I can take it with me. I always had the plan where I would then eventually buy an iPad Air as well for watching Netflix and other things. Using Numbers app is also much better on the Air although I use it on both iPads.

Some days I use the Air for most things and sometimes in use the Mini. I'm lucky to have both

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I enjoy my iPad Mini a great deal. It actually exceeded my expectations...:)

wildmangk

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Ipad mini retina for trsveling and macbook pro 15" for home use, best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPad mini with retina

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I've never been sold on a 10 inch tablet. its too big to carry around with me outside. too heavy to hold in bed when i'm watching videos (even the air after 40 minutes of Game Of Thrones). I just plain love 7 inch tablets. I had the 2 Nexus 7 tablets and now an iPad Mini Retina. all of them are pocketable while giving me enough screen space to get some work done on them.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I wish I would have gotten at least the 32gb!!!! I love the Mini!!!!!!! The size is perfect but I've come across storage full a handful of times and now i'm annoyed at myself for not getting one with more storage!!! Other than that i'm happy!!

Cbchuck

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Bought 16 g should have known better. Since my IPhone 5s was bought 32 g forgot how bAd 16 g was on my old Iphone 4 so was planning to jump to 32 now thinking 64 might be best ugh whAt to do???? CB

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I like the smaller size. Easier to carry around, light weight and easy to work on. I got the 16gb version and have no regrets since I have everything in the cloud and just apps on the iPad Mini. I don't download movies or music, all of that is cloud based also.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
No remorse whatsoever. I only have the 16gb version but all my music is on my ipod (which goes with me daily) so I mainly use the Mini for reading, browsing the web, emails, and the occasional game. I use three different cloud-based services, so as long as I'm within Wifi distance (which nowadays is pretty much everywhere) I still have access to all I need.

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I had done lot of research too. Finally i bought iPad Air 32 GB. Its perfect, not heavy (as i watch videos and spend lot of time using it). Its beautiful to see photos or to read articles. I carry it with myself most of the times.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Very happy with my MiniR. Glad I got the 64 and LTE model. Perfect for traveling and most uses.

but I am hoping there will be a larger iPad that I could use as a laptop replacement - maybe a 12 inch - for when I need to work on spread sheets, etc.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

carchayser

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the ipad 3 and that never left the house due to it not fitting in my bodybag. Then when the mini retina came along, my fianc? bought me the 32gb one and now I'm able to bring it along everywhere! The tradeoff in the screensize is totally worth it.

So yeah, lots of remorse in the ipad 3, none whatsoever with the mini.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Size is perfect for taking to work.

Sent from my Retina iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

+1 this has been my experience. The smaller screen size doesn't bother me. I find I can watch shows just fine.

Follow me on Instagram and Twiitter @StrictlyRoses

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the iPad Mini Retina and I returned it at my job because I liked the Air better. I understand what the others have been saying about the size being more portable. But I don't think that the Air is too big to carry around and I love the extra screen size. It also helps that the Air is bigger because then I can attach a pretty big sized keyboard to it and use it for work or any other general typing.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711