New MiniR Setup

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My new Mini retina is being delivered today. I also have an iPad 2 and plan to continue using both devices. I want to be able to back up each device individually and want iTunes to recognize them as separate devices. From what I've read, "transferring" the data from either iCloud or iTunes assumes the older device will be deactivated. Is that correct? Based on my needs, what is the best way to get my apps and email settings currently on my iPad2 to the Mini?

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
My new Mini retina is being delivered today. I also have an iPad 2 and plan to continue using both devices. I want to be able to back up each device individually and want iTunes to recognize them as separate devices. From what I've read, "transferring" the data from either iCloud or iTunes assumes the older device will be deactivated. Is that correct? Based on my needs, what is the best way to get my apps and email settings currently on my iPad2 to the Mini?

Just change the name of each device.

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If I understand correctly, give the Mini a separate name during the set up process and then apply the iPad2 restore backup?

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If I understand correctly, give the Mini a separate name during the set up process and then apply the iPad2 restore backup?

Yes. But when it's time to backup the ipad mini, you'll might have to delete the ipad 2 backup once your done restoring on the mini. Reason being is because if you didn't upgrade your iCloud storage and you have multiple ios devices, you'll be out of iCloud storage.

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
is it worth upgrading or is there any other alternatives to iCloud out there?

It's only worth upgrading if you have multiple devices and you'd like to save your media documents, pics, documents, and PDFs. If you don't mainly use those items. Than no, it's not worth upgrading. For me it's been very convenient that when I get a new device and I log into iCloud, everything loads perfectly, settings and etc. There's another debate to use free cloud services for your media. I personally use it all.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
is it worth upgrading or is there any other alternatives to iCloud out there?
I personally like to use iCloud but next to that I use Dropbox extensively. Give that a a shot for free and buy more as you see you need it in storage just like you would iCloud.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73