they made the mini battery life pretty damn good.

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I consider myself a power user. If I did this on my iphone I get maybe of 5-7 hours max. So whatever they did, they made the mini battery life pretty damn good. I'll take the reduce clock speed for godly battery anytime. Apple really needs to up the battery life for the iphone IMO.

If they make a bigger screen phone, I predict quad core 64 bit with 12 hours of battery!

Also I didn't charge the battery, I connected the mini to the pc to update my photos library. So I'm not fudging battery life...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384443153.082598.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1384443153.082598.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 64

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've only had mine for a day, but yesterday I used it for about 3.5 hours reading and downloading my magazine subscriptions and generally getting everything setup again. When I checked the battery this morning I was at 82%. Not a bad start and definitely pretty good from my perspective.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I consider myself a power user. If I did this on my iphone I get maybe of 5-7 hours max. So whatever they did, they made the mini battery life pretty damn good. I'll take the reduce clock speed for godly battery anytime. Apple really needs to up the battery life for the iphone IMO.

If they make a bigger screen phone, I predict quad core 64 bit with 12 hours of battery!

Also I didn't charge the battery, I connected the mini to the pc to update my photos library. So I'm not fudging battery life...

They did increase the battery by 1/3 so the results don't surprise me

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

One can't really compare the smaller sized battery that is in the iPhone with the larger size battery in the iPad Mini. The fact that the battery is larger in the Mini is the reason why you are seeing such great battery life... On a side note since you mentioned the iPhone battery, my iPhone 5S battery is pretty darn good with 11 hours of usage and 1 day of standby time.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The iPad Air's battery has a larger retina screen to power and also slightly higher CPU clock speed. Also although Apple is only advertising 10 hours on the iPad air, if you look in the battery thread on the forum, there are some of us getting 15+ hours.
I agree. With the first charge on my iPad Air I got 13.5 hours of usage and 14 hours after the second charge. The iPad Air has awesome battery life.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree. With the first charge on my iPad Air I got 13.5 hours of usage and 14 hours after the second charge. The iPad Air has awesome battery life.

I only get about 7 or so on my Air but I would get a ton more if I stopped playing my online game ( Modern Combat )not gonna happen lol it sucks the battery down quick but it's understandable I know I get more if I do other things besides game.

French

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My usage is VERY close to yours...though I tend to have 2 days of standby, but getting about 11 hours of usage. The other day I was 4 minutes shy of 12 hours when it shut down. I'm on and off mine multiple times during the day and also spend time reading/downloading magazines, watching youtube, and just general reading of zines/news/rss feeds. And surfing the web. So not quite sure I'd say I'm a power user, but I take it with me everywhere and use it off and on all day and night. Probably why I get the extra day of standby over you. But anyway, I agree...I'm very happy with the battery life.

French

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious...roughly what brightness are you set at? I just realized that you are actually getting better battery life than I am. Not that I'm complaining...I'm happy with 10 - 12 usage and a couple of days standby with each charge.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So far I have been very satisfied with battery life. For some reason the first gen Mini suffered a bit, after 2 hours surfing reading and working that one would be down to half life. This mini with retina has been used heavier and seems to be lasting twice as long.

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is one of the most important factors for me in choosing a tablet. So it's nice to see a lot of positive feedback about the retina Mini's battery. Can't wait to get one!

kancharlaraj

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Safe to say I'm impressed...
7ygeneje.jpg

venturin88

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been really impressed with how little battery is used when it sits in standby. Just using it for a couple hours after work every night I can go a week without charging it. My Nexus 7 (2013) had to be charged every 2-3 days with similar usage.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1385858576.473996.jpg