My boss bought me an iPad Air but it is no problem to use for personal as well. But my wife convinced me that I needed to own the iPad Mini (Retina) because I should have my own device for home. So... I will have them both. Looking forward to the mini. Looks just about right for reading, surfing and even watching movies. The smaller screen doesn't bother me for movie watching like it does some people.
    11-13-2013 02:30 PM
    I bought one of each in WiFi Space Gray. Both 128GB. Couldn't help it
    mjcostajr likes this.
    11-13-2013 03:33 PM
    I bought one of each in WiFi Space Gray. Both 128GB. Couldn't help it
    I have it too...."i-ddiction"....
    mjcostajr likes this.
    11-13-2013 03:37 PM
    I know I'm not the only crazy one who has been tempted to purchase both the Air & the Mini Retina. Or am I? If you did get both which models did you get?
    I had an iPad Air but that just kinda floated away so I am gonna get the iPad Mini
    11-13-2013 05:14 PM
    Bought both. 64GB Silver. The Air is my home machine I use in the office for email, web surfing, movies and reading. The bigger display is perfect for this. The Mini is my portable 'on the road device', and will also be my gaming machine. The Air is just too big for games.
    11-13-2013 10:33 PM
    I know the Mini is more suitable but there's just something about the Air I love, that's why I'm keeping it and ordering the MiniR this weekend.
    11-14-2013 02:32 AM
    There's definitely room for both in our lives...neither will stay unused during the day
    11-15-2013 08:38 AM
    Have both. Gave the air to my mum and kept the RdMini for myself. It seemed like a suitable replacement for my PlayBook. The RdMini is big enough for me and the Air's glass seems weakly thin.
    11-18-2013 12:05 AM
    I'm doing something similar.

I have an old iPad 2 and a new Xperia Tablet Z. Will replace the iPad with a retina iPad Mini, when the time comes. (Thinking fall 2014, when the version with a touch sensor gets added?)

The different devices have different uses. The Z tablet is 1 lb like the Air. It just happens to be waterproof as well.

So it's understandable, having both forms.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk 4
    11-18-2013 01:05 PM
    Both. 128GB for both, found I was getting too slim on space when I purchased the original Mini in 32GB. Better too much space than not enough. Air mainly gets used at home when I don't want to use the Mac or just want to quickly check mail or do things from anywhere in house. Does go out for Portfolio viewing with clients and other uses. I use the Mini more at work and when out and about as its smaller and easier to carry. It gets more use overall and when I want to do things that are easier than the convenience of the iPhone that is always there with me. I found that I also tend to use the Mini on the plane when traveling as its smaller and easier to work with. Both have their time and place as do Macbook Air and Macbook Pro.
    11-19-2013 07:11 AM
    I still have both but I will return one. I have until 01/07/14 with Apple store holiday return policy to decide. Everyday my mind changes on which one I prefer. I came from a 1st gen iPad mini so I have love for the portable size especially with me taking it to work everyday. But then I love the bright color of the Air. I was set to keep the Air but the portablity is huge. I am 50/50 on which to keep. Thanks goodness for this long holiday return policy. I could not decide in 2 weeks.
    12-09-2013 12:00 AM
    I still have both but I will return one. I have until 01/07/14 with Apple store holiday return policy to decide. Everyday my mind changes on which one I prefer. I came from a 1st gen iPad mini so I have love for the portable size especially with me taking it to work everyday. But then I love the bright color of the Air. I was set to keep the Air but the portablity is huge. I am 50/50 on which to keep. Thanks goodness for this long holiday return policy. I could not decide in 2 weeks.

Garz! Noooooo!

I thought you were sold on the Air! Your logic reinforced my own. Now, I must reconsider retina mini

/sigh/...
    12-09-2013 07:52 AM
    My boss bought me an iPad Air but it is no problem to use for personal as well. But my wife convinced me that I needed to own the iPad Mini (Retina) because I should have my own device for home. So... I will have them both. Looking forward to the mini. Looks just about right for reading, surfing and even watching movies. The smaller screen doesn't bother me for movie watching like it does some people.
    I need a wife like that!!!!

Mine just doesn't understand the extramarital obsession! Lol

I have the rMini and absolutely love it.
    12-09-2013 09:31 AM
    Just got mine today both the air and the r mini will certainly keep the r mini for me and the air for crismast gift. So far i love the r mini i dont know the different with previous model cos its my first buy ipad.
    12-09-2013 03:55 PM
    Garz! Noooooo!

I thought you were sold on the Air! Your logic reinforced my own. Now, I must reconsider retina mini

/sigh/...
    The Air has a much better screen. Hands down without question. It's quality with the Air or settle for less with the Mini.
    12-10-2013 02:53 AM
    The Air has a much better screen. Hands down without question. It's quality with the Air or settle for less with the Mini.
    Exactly. Frankly, they are chalk and cheese. And what exactly is an iPad? It's a screen. That is how I made up my mind.....and so, my rMini was returned for the Air. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-10-2013 03:40 AM
    I bought iPad Air 1 months ago and iPad mini with Retina for my wife last week.
    12-27-2013 01:11 AM
    My job gave me both. 64 GB Mini and 32 GB Air.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
    01-17-2014 04:44 AM
    Even though the air has a better screen the screen on my retina mini still looks amazing and I'd only be able to tell the difference if I had an air and a MiniR side by side.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    03-19-2014 04:15 AM
    In January I bought both 32GB Air LTE and rMini LTE. I love being able to just switch devices when the battery dies on one and figure the battery will last 2x as long since they're only being charged 1/2 as often.

via the phone
    03-19-2014 08:34 AM
    After I moaned, whined, and b*tched for a year about the original Mini not having retina and that being the reason holding me back from purchasing a Mini, I'm actually considering selling my Mini with Retina to get an iPad Air. The screen real estate being the biggest reason right before the speaker volume being better. I was using a friend's iPad Air the other day and couldn't believe what a difference the volume was on it.
    shief24 likes this.
    03-20-2014 10:49 AM
    I have a mini Retina and would love to have an Air but I am not going to sell my Mini to get it and right now cannot warrant just going out and buying an Air as much as I would like one.
    03-20-2014 11:00 AM
    They are different devices for different uses. I wouldn't buy both just for myself, but we already had iPad3 that my wife uses and it's nice to have both around the house. Air would be too big to take to work, though - Mini is simply perfect size for meetings / travel.
    Team George likes this.
    03-21-2014 01:36 PM
    I now have both. I have the 128GB cellular Retina Mini to take with me and I bought a Wifi only Air to use at home. Both are simply amazing!
    sforsyth01 likes this.
    03-21-2014 01:47 PM
    I bought my wife a LTE Air and I just bought myself a LTE RMini. Both are great devices!
    05-01-2014 11:03 AM
54 123