IiPad mini R on sale 11/12?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed MR is currently down. I bet they are retracting whatever story you read over there. According to Apples website they are still listing the Mini with Retina as coming later in November.

9yjudyzu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S.

jodihansen

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
It is the 12th here in Australia & Australia was listed as one of the countries. The Apple Store app still says later in November & my closest Apple Store said that they have nothing in yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toemasuxsempai

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Didn't the ipad 2 get released at a certain time of day? I think it was 12pm? I would assume that might be a similar time. Makes sense considering the rumors about the supply constraints. It will come out, when it comes out I guess.

miscrap

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple will launch its long awaited Retina iPad mini on November 12, according to multiple sources citing a posting by Apple on the company's GSX site for service providers. Apple plans to launch the tablet in the United States, Australia, China (Wi-Fi only), Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, and Singapore.

release
While a release time beyond 'November 12' was unavailable, Apple has previously launched its products via press release at around 5:30 AM. It is possible that the company will notify consumers of the mini's availability with a press release before initiating sales in-store and online. It is, however, already November 12 in a number of countries around the world, including New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Japan.

While the quiet release of an iPad is unusual for the company, it could be due to reports of severe supply constraints of the Retina iPad mini. According to reports, display problems have caused serious production issues, and it is unlikely Apple will have enough supply of the tablet to meet demand.

Apple's Retina iPad mini has the same general design of the original mini, though it is slightly heavier and thicker. The tablet includes a Retina display with a 2048 x 1536 resolution, along with an A7 processor and the M7 coprocessor originally introduced in the iPhone 5s.

The Retina iPad mini will retail for $399 for the entry-level 16 GB Wi-Fi model with an extra $100 for each capacity increment and $130 for cellular connectivity.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The Apple store is down... regular maintenance... or... ???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 10.04.47 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 10.04.47 PM.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

jodihansen

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Seems like too much of a coincidence that the Apple Store is down now to me. My guess is that it will come back up with a pre-order/order page & availability date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple soft launch the cellular ipad mini without any notice last year so I can see this being a possibility

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just checked... and the wifi models of the iPad Mini/retina are available for online purchase with in-store pickup today...

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the LTE model this morning, but I just found a 64GB non-LTE in stock at my local store. Should be available for pickup later this evening. Now I just need to decide whether I should cancel the LTE model or just keep the order and sell it when it comes in.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I ordered the LTE model this morning, but I just found a 64GB non-LTE in stock at my local store. Should be available for pickup later this evening. Now I just need to decide whether I should cancel the LTE model or just keep the order and sell it when it comes in.

Risky move. I'd rather wait for LTE... Although I'm probably just saying that cause I have a Air in the mean time. 😁

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a wifi hotspot on my phone so the LTE isn't an absolute requirement, but it's still a nice to have. I can wait a bit and decide, although the 64GB is now showing out of stock at my local store and I haven't received a pickup time yet so it's possible someone else got it before my order completed. I'll have to wait and see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711