Yes the new iPad mini with Retina Display would be worth it to me. I have vision problems and the Retina Display is easier for me to read. Also I find that the 1st gen of iPad mini is rather slow so the bump in speed would be really nice.
    10-30-2013 11:51 PM
    I want the mini 2 this year because it's a bit cheaper lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk Pro
    10-31-2013 02:56 AM
    I'm happy with my current Mini, and it's not worth the cost to me. However, if there was Touch ID, I'd jump in a heartbeat. I want Touch ID on my car, my house door, my fridge....everywhere!
    JoyfulHeart35 and Rocket_Girl like this.
    11-01-2013 07:12 AM
    I'm happy with my current Mini, and it's not worth the cost to me. However, if there was Touch ID, I'd jump in a heartbeat. I want Touch ID on my car, my house door, my fridge....everywhere!
    I agree with you. I want Touch ID on all of my devices too. I am going to hold on to my current ipad until Apple releases Touch ID on an ipad.
    JoyfulHeart35 likes this.
    11-01-2013 08:22 AM
    This is my take on it. I love my iPad Mini, and I'm not going to upgrade. HOWEVER if I were choosing today I would opt to spend the extra 100, for the retina and beefier specs. BUT it's not enough to make me upgrade. Perhaps at Mini 3rd Gen!
    I lied! I just bought an iPad air!
    11-02-2013 01:14 AM
    I've got the original Mini and was/am seriously considering the upgrade to Retina )Mini or Air honestly). But the more I ponder the more I think it's not quite worth it to me just yet. Love my Mini for the size and portability. Screen isn't the greatest but gotten used to it. I made the mistake of getting a "first gen" Retina device - aka the iPad 3 - and regretted it for its poor battery life and slowish graphics, and even more when it was killed off 7 months after its release, I also regret getting the "first gen" MacBook Pro Retina - battery life again sucks. Looking I should have kept the iPad 2 at the time and avoided the 3.

While the Mini Retina is certainly more "mature" with seemingly good battery life and A7 chip, and a sharp Retina display, I'm a little gun shy about getting a Retina Mini that's in the same case as my current Mini, weighs a bit more, and surely next year's Mini "3" should be truly spectacular and worth waiting for. If anything I'm more tempted by the Air right now .
    11-02-2013 01:16 AM
    I lied! I just bought an iPad air!
    Damn you!
    11-02-2013 01:18 AM
    I just ordered my iPad mini Can't wait to play with it.
    11-03-2013 10:31 AM
    I think the A7 makes it worth it more than the retina display. I found the original too laggy for my liking. I wasn't considering on getting another one but the new specs have me reconsidering buying one now. It's not a for sure thing but at least it's back on my short list of devices.
    11-03-2013 08:18 PM
    I've used a mini everyday since release day. I use it to annotate PDF docs, read books in iBooks and I'm the 1 person who uses newsstand 😁 and I TRY to play games, like Civ Rev, KOTOR and Real Racing 3 and XCOM.
    The PDF apps open slow and render texts slow ( I've used every one of the popular annotating apps btw....). The games shutdown quite a bit, so I've given up trying to do that.
    Also, the keyboard doesn't keep up with my typing..... I want from a iPad 3 to a mini btw....

The Mini works great for those that don't use the power a full size iPad would provide.
    The fact that Apple made the iPad all about size now, is huge. Both the Retina and the A7 are huge. The processor because now everything will have the power it needs and the screen..... Now I can finally read on it!

If it came with just the A7, I would have upgraded because I need the power and love the screen size. If it came with the retina screen and the A6... I would have upgraded for the screen and the A6. Basically I settled for a small iPad 2 and I knew that. But the upgrades huge.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    11-03-2013 09:11 PM
    Yes it's worth but if they had provided touch id it would had more worth

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free
    11-04-2013 07:22 PM
    Well - as amazing as the Mini Retina will be, it must not be quite worth it as I decided to keep my 1st gen Mini and get an iPad Air.
    11-04-2013 08:49 PM
    My thread title pretty much says is all. Is the new iPad mini with Retina Display really worth it? Does the upgrade to retina make all the difference for you? Or are you completely fine with the original iPad mini with its lower-res screen?

Suppose it all depends what you use it for, and what fits best into your budget. I do LOVE the retina display, but is shelling out that extra $100 worth it for you? Sound off!
    I love my original Mini. I use it far more than I did my full size iPad. There’s an adage in photography that says that the best camera is the one you have with you. Same thing applies to my iPad. I rarely took my full size iPad most places because of the size/weight. The Mini goes with me most places. The retina will make it that much sweeter... and the faster processer (A7) doesn’t hurt.

That said, it’s really hard to say that the retina Mini is "worth it" because we haven’t seen it yet.
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    11-04-2013 09:23 PM
    What would you do in my situation??

As for this topic I lean toward mini retina as being worth it.

Personally, I got an ipad 3 and it was a gift but I always had a preference for a mini. So now my dilemma is whether I should try to sell my ipad 3 and put money towards an ipad r mini. I've chosen to attempt to do this but so far no one has tried to buy my ipad 3. Also my reason for mini R is that it's just plain faster as well as a great display and smaller n lighter than ipad 3. I wish it had touch id and a USB slot but oh well.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    JoyfulHeart35 and nikkisharif like this.
    11-05-2013 10:00 PM
    What would you do in my situation??

As for this topic I lean toward mini retina as being worth it.

Personally, I got an ipad 3 and it was a gift but I always had a preference for a mini. So now my dilemma is whether I should try to sell my ipad 3 and put money towards an ipad r mini. I've chosen to attempt to do this but so far no one has tried to buy my ipad 3. Also my reason for mini R is that it's just plain faster as well as a great display and smaller n lighter than ipad 3. I wish it had touch id and a USB slot but oh well.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    I have an iPad 3 also & I can't wait to get the rMini. I'm going to keep the 3 but I can't keep lugging that heavy thing around...Its just too much
    11-07-2013 06:22 PM
65 123