Okay I want to get some people take on a question I am having. I have a iPad Mini and wonder if I should upgrade.

Now, before I go on, I don't need the latest and greatest but what I want is compatibility. So the A7 and the retina do not matter to me because I am happy with the one I have. My only concern is going forward will the apps and games still be supported on the Mini for another year or two?
    10-23-2013 09:25 AM
    Yes. Since Apple is still going to be selling the existing mini, it should still be supported for a couple more years at least. At worst, when a new iOS version comes out there may be features that older devices don't get.
    BParker4381 likes this.
    10-23-2013 09:29 AM
    That is what I was thinking. I hope so at least because the retina display is nice, it is not worth buying a new one for $499. (for me at least)
    10-23-2013 09:52 AM
    That is what I was thinking. I hope so at least because the retina display is nice, it is not worth buying a new one for $499. (for me at least)
    I'm in agreement with you. I, too, have an iPad Mini and it is performing quite well with iOS 7.0.3 and upgrading to the Mini 2 is not worth it to me at this point. I use my Mini a lot, but not as much as I use my iPhone 5, which will always have upgrade priority over my iPad.
    10-23-2013 09:57 AM
    I still don’t understand why people come in here and ask total strangers how to spend their money. I am not trying to be snarky... it really does baffle me...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-23-2013 11:42 AM
    Games will have updates. Just know that some of them will start taking advantage of the A7 64-bit chip that the original mini doesn't have. So if you can stand games to be a bit down scaled (more like just not as nifty on an a7 device), save your money.

Or, if you want to spend money on a new iPad mini, just buy me one.
    10-23-2013 02:45 PM
    I still don’t understand why people come in here and ask total strangers how to spend their money. I am not trying to be snarky... it really does baffle me...
    makes sense, but I think sometimes when people ask that question they are either going to buy it, but just need the extra push or they want it but don't want to spend the money and would like to hear the stories from others who have kept their old ones to make them feel less left behind....
    10-23-2013 03:34 PM
    I'm in agreement with you. I, too, have an iPad Mini and it is performing quite well with iOS 7.0.3 and upgrading to the Mini 2 is not worth it to me at this point. I use my Mini a lot, but not as much as I use my iPhone 5, which will always have upgrade priority over my iPad.
    Very much agree here. I'll be receiving my Mini ( 32 gb in white) this week-ish, and I don't see much of a reason to upgrade to the retina. Had the mini before and the screen was just fine and speed was more than perfect for me. Then again, I don't do much video editing, etc that I'd NEED the faster chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-04-2013 07:38 PM
    Personally, it really depends on whether you value retina so much that you must absolutely have it, or if you really want cutting edge games with the most intensive graphics. Other than that, I don't see why you should be rushing to get one unless 1. You are helluva rich, or 2. You are the biggest Apple fanboy and you absolutely need the latest greatest, or 3. You absolutely must have the above mentioned features.
    11-05-2013 08:11 AM
    Okay I want to get some people take on a question I am having. I have a iPad Mini and wonder if I should upgrade.

Now, before I go on, I don't need the latest and greatest but what I want is compatibility. So the A7 and the retina do not matter to me because I am happy with the one I have. My only concern is going forward will the apps and games still be supported on the Mini for another year or two?
    Since the top 2 reasons to get one don't matter to you, then I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be able to update to new versions of iOS for quite a while.

However, you probably won't see such a significant upgrade for the Mini going forward. This is a two generation processor jump along with going from worse to possibly best in screen quality. This would be a much more future proof device.
    11-05-2013 08:49 AM
    If you are happy with your current model than you will be fine. I agree with the above posts since the current mini is still an offering you should be fine down the road. I am a mini owner, only thing I dislike is the screen. Still going back and fourth on whether or not I will get the Air or the Mini Retina but again for me it's the low res screen that bothers me, even with the lower specs I haven't seen any slowdowns and have a smooth experience, I think that is one of the nice parts about owning a Apple product.
    11-09-2013 02:23 PM
    OP - I have the original Mini and just got the Air. Even as awesome as the Air is, I think I still kinda like my Mini better.

I'd say hang tight until next year's Mini.
    11-10-2013 11:59 AM
    Well , I just upgraded from the Mini 1 to the Mini + Cellular . My main reason for doing so is the cellular now that I can swap sims to have 4G all over the world .
    The non retina didn't bother me at all but sure , it's a plus !
    11-12-2013 06:03 AM