A7, better screen than ipad air, same battery, same cameras

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Am I missing anything? Unless you just want extra real estate, this is the one..

The price was expected as I mentioned earlier if we got the same premium focus as the ipad 5. And it did. Exactly what I wanted.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree...given the pricing and the feature set, I think the iPad Mini is the better deal of the two.

The only thing I was a little surprised about was the lack of 802.11ac, but I am willing to see how the new MIMO setup works in comparison to the older antennas. The fact that I already know the new LTE antennas work so well (having a 5S), I can only give the benefit of the doubt to Apple that they put some research into signal strength vs. what the iPad needs for optimal internet/download performance.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure if I am going to update my Mini. That one is not work provided so I need to use my own Benjamins to get it. I am getting the iPad Air from work. Eh who am I kidding I will probably get the Retina Mini... UGH Damn you Apple and your shinny new devices :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing anything? Unless you just want extra real estate, this is the one..

Real Estate, you said it right there. That is what is drawing me to the iPad Air VS going with the Mini again. Now that they made full size iPad thinner and lighter, I think viewing web content, reading books and watching Videos will be a better experience than on the Mini.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I already put my eye on the mini 1 a few weeks ago... Now this? Damn you Apple! Kevin wants! Hahaha

Definitely going for that mini 2 this fall or Christmas...

Question: on you guys experience, is the wifi + cellular worth it? I thought about it but without an unlimited internet or huge data plan, it'd be pretty expensive. How do you guys use yours?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Real Estate, you said it right there. That is what is drawing me to the iPad Air VS going with the Mini again. Now that they made full size iPad thinner and lighter, I think viewing web content, reading books and watching Videos will be a better experience than on the Mini.

The iPad Air is 9.4" x 6.6" ... the iPad 2/3/4 is 9.5" x 7.3". The Air is almost 3/4" narrower thanks to the thinner bezel...

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I really want to know when it'll be out. I got the MINI for school 2 weeks ago but returned since I knew this would come out. I just wish it didn't get a price bump. Might just pick up the Air since its out first and I have ZERO patience.

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I really want to know when it'll be out. I got the MINI for school 2 weeks ago but returned since I knew this would come out. I just wish it didn't get a price bump. Might just pick up the Air since its out first and I have ZERO patience.

According to Apple Store

"Later November"

629$ for the 32gb wifi+LTE, I might wait a little longer than expected... That's damn expensive! And besides, the new Xbox is coming as well soooo... Gotta choose hahaha

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
According to Apple Store

"Later November"

629$ for the 32gb wifi+LTE, I might wait a little longer than expected... That's damn expensive! And besides, the new Xbox is coming as well soooo... Gotta choose hahaha

Not to mention $419 (in Canada) for just the 16 gb version. I'm pondering if I should just buy the older 32gb iPad mini for $409 at staples.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting the Mini 2. I never upgraded my iPad 3 and I thought about getting an original Mini but I ended up buying them for the kids. I think I'm due an upgrade:cool:

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thought about the mini 1 now that went on "sale", but I like the retina display and the quicker processor. But definitely super expensive... For a little less you can get the Air!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW