The iPad Mini 2 Now With Retina Display Prices Starting At: $399.00

RaiderWill

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
$299.00 = Entry Level iPad 2: Good Performace Great Price..

$399.00 = Next Generation iPad Mini (16gb) Now with Retina Display: Upgraded Proccessing Power and 1gb of Ram (iPad 3 Parts Bin) for improved system performance..

$499.00 = The All New Redesinged *Flagship* 5th Generation Retina Display iPad (16gb): New A7X CPu coupled with 2gb of Ram for Unparalleled overall performace..

This is how I see the lineup for 2013 / 2014 for the iOS Tablet Line.. with Cellular Connectivity and 32gb, 64gb, 128gb memory pricing holding steady across the board.

With production of the original iPad Mini coming to a halt over the summer.. Allowing the channels to slowly dry up, increasing the anticapation of the *Retina* iPad Mini..

After re-thinking everything I think Apple WILL give the Mini a New Technology (Equal Lasting) Battery and the A5X CPu / Quad-Core GPu from the Gen-3 parts bin. It's the

perfect way to keep the Mini comfortably behind the *Flagship* 5th-Gen iPad but still give it a (on paper) boost in performance.. and they would only have to come up with

an improved (for the Mini's frame) higher capacity battery to push those 3.1 Million Retina pixels (up from 786,000 the current Mini pushes) for at least 9-10 hrs. The only

thing that has troubled me about a Retina Mini is do you double the density? which on this 8" screen would take the Pixels Per Inch into what? the 400 range? Or do you

do this whole thing at 1600*1200 (4:3) maintaining the current dimensions with a more (for it's place in the lineup) reasonable PPI so it's not higher than the Flagship's?

But doing this would render most current apps out of scale. as they are written to work at 1024*768 / 2048*1536.. Apple STILL may just say The Heck With It... You want

A Retina? Then Buy The Flagship.. :)

Am I off base with my *Guesstimate* ? How do you see Apple pulling this (Answer to the Masses) off ? I know you want this at $329.00-$429.00-$529.00 but realistically, I

don't see that happening.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Apple added retina to the iPhone. No additional charge. They added retina to the iPad. No additional charge. I'm sure if all possible they would like to keep same price points. Would I pay a extra $70 for retina though? Absolutely.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think they are going to keep prices how they have been. The mini 2 will remain $329, then they can use the old mini and move it down to $299 or so like they do with all their old gen products

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I do think that they will have to raise the price on a retina mini. If they dont who would buy a regular ipad?? The retina mini would take over!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I do think that they will have to raise the price on a retina mini. If they dont who would buy a regular ipad?? The retina mini would take over!

I don't think Apple is scared of eating away another one of their own products.
The iPad Mini originally was expected to be a little less than $329. Some were
predicting a $200-$250 price point. I don't see how they can start even higher
at this point. But would I buy an iPad Mini 2 with retina for an extra $70? Yes.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
People were simply WISHING for a lower price. No one who took a serious look at the product families and pricing predicted anything lower than $329

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

I disagree. People but the mini and the full size iPads for different reasons.

People want the full size because of the larger screen and greater capability. People wanting a large tablet won't be happy with a mini.

People wanting a mini are looking for a smaller tablet and don't require that extra screen space.

There's a market for both sizes and there's no reason both wont sell well.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the mini would sell as we'll if they raised the price to close to the regular iPad.

I agree people want them for different reasons, but still some want the mini just to have an iPad.

If he price is too high than they will probably go with something else, I saw that happen a lot before the mini came out. People weren't wanting to spend 500 on an iPad.

One of the reasons the kindle fire and nexus 7 sold so well was price.

If they are too close in price I bet apt of folks would get the bigger iPad, though personally I think the iPad mini is really close to perfect size for me.

I don't see apple raising the prices, maybe 399 tops but even that I'm not so sure of.

tazz007

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
i would like to see them add 1 gig of ram to the new ipad mini. the ipad 3 has 1 gig of ram why cant the mini have it.also i like to see the new 5th gen ipad have 2 gigs of ram that would be killer

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they will change the price of their ipad mini, even if it comes with a retina display.

For one, I believe their high price (relative to the Nexus7) is exactly to factor in the higher costs of such a screen should it ever get included in future.

In addition, assuming the form factor remains the same, Apple would be experiencing economies of scale because the downpayment of the machinery would already have been paid, they don't have to invest in R&D to come up with a new design, and can focus solely on fine-tuning the innards. These savings should be able to offset the higher costs of parts.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, the OP didn't get everything right, but you nailed the price increase of the Retina iPad Mini, way back in February too.
Nice!!! :yes::yes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro