I like how Pythonista and other apps bundle the new version to create a paid upgrade. You still can keep the old app, or get a discount on the upgrade.

I would never buy Drafts since their upgrade process kills old versions or switches to IAP/freemium.
    02-09-2017 02:44 AM
    Freemium is a thing and yes, everybody has to eat. What grinds my gears – false advertising.
    I mean, I have no problem to put few bucks into the app or a game I'm genuinely interested in, but don't advertise it as 'free' and then get me into a money trap with limited functionality or gaming experience on the very beginning me playing or using the app.
    If the experience sucks from the start there's a very little chance I would be willing to make it better with the upgrade. I will ditch the game or an app. Period.
    Tartarus and sleepngbear like this.
    02-09-2017 03:44 AM
    What really bugs me about this is that I have bought an app which has now been changed to free. It's eligible for family sharing so you'd expect I could share it but since the app is now free it's activated with an in app purchase.

I can no longer share the app therefore as my girlfriend and my son both need to make in app purchases to make the app work.

That's poor from the developer and from Apple to allow that happen.

As I paid full price for the app that should be respected and my benefits should not have been taken away.
    02-09-2017 09:07 AM
28 12