Best mail app

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Readdle, the maker of Spark. They explained that the way their email fetches messages and uses the badge-count differ from the likes of Oulook. They also promised to have a functional badge in the future. I can't say I understand their answer but, regardless, until the badge-count works I'm not drinking this email's koolaid.

They just updated Spark a couple days ago, the badge app icon works a lot better now. Usually the only time I see an issue with it now is if I delete email from my Watch. Honestly, even with the badge app icon still being worked on it is my favorite email client so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
They just updated Spark a couple days ago, the badge app icon works a lot better now. Usually the only time I see an issue with it now is if I delete email from my Watch. Honestly, even with the badge app icon still being worked on it is my favorite email client so far.
I'll give it a run.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Try Spark by Readdle.

I tried the badge count several times just now: It doesn't work! Deleted and waiting for a fix.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried the badge count several times just now: It doesn't work! Deleted and waiting for a fix.

I'm sure it's still a work in progress due to how Spark itself runs. I don't check my phone immediately when I get an email, but every time I do I see the badge app icon, so I assume there must be some delay. All in good time though, Readdle is a great company and they'll get it sorted out.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I need the badge, straight and simple. Badge count isn't a rocket science, as far as I understand it. Most, if not all, email clients deploy it flawlessly. I tried it again and waited for an hour but no luck. I'm not saying Spark isn't a good email app, but I rely on the badge daily, for work.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I need the badge, straight and simple. Badge count isn't a rocket science, as far as I understand it. Most, if not all, email clients deploy it flawlessly. I tried it again and waited for an hour but no luck. I'm not saying Spark isn't a good email app, but I rely on the badge daily, for work.

Fair enough, but if I remember correctly Spark stores all info locally, whereas other email clients are cloud based. This difference of where everything is stored is what's causing issues with the badge app icon syncing immediately.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I've encountered another issue: IMAP emails. Configurations for personal IMAP emails have gone awry. I have no issues configuring them using Outlook for iPhone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've encountered another issue: IMAP emails. Configurations for personal IMAP emails have gone awry. I have no issues configuring them using Outlook for iPhone.

Per the update notes on version 1.0.1 Readdle says to use the Other option when adding an IMAP account. Did you try adding them that way?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough, but if I remember correctly Spark stores all info locally, whereas other email clients are cloud based. This difference of where everything is stored is what's causing issues with the badge app icon syncing immediately.

From my corresponding helper: "Badge icon is not refreshing -- in current version app badge only updates after the application launch. We're working on improvement of this functionality, it will be available in one of the near updates."

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You're not missing anything, if you've been trying to add your IMAP by selecting other instead of the other options and you're still having issues, I would just let Readdle know so they can fix it.

Thanks. I did. I sent them an application log file along with the server that I'm having issues with. I also tried this (which might help some users with a different IMAP server), albeit it didn't help me:
1. Tap a hamburger menu on the upper left hand corner
2. Open app Settings and turn Verbose Logging on

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I did. I sent them an application log file along with the server that I'm having issues with. I also tried this (which might help some users with a different IMAP server), albeit it didn't help me:
1. Tap a hamburger menu on the upper left hand corner
2. Open app Settings and turn Verbose Logging on

Quick update:
Regarding IMAP, Spark's default configuration for secure services (SSL) was wrong and that was the culprit. One issue solved and one to go (badge count). I will give Readdle's support staff credit for being responsive (usually within 24 hours).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR