I tried the badge count several times just now: It doesn't work! Deleted and waiting for a fix.
    I'm sure it's still a work in progress due to how Spark itself runs. I don't check my phone immediately when I get an email, but every time I do I see the badge app icon, so I assume there must be some delay. All in good time though, Readdle is a great company and they'll get it sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-14-2015 05:35 PM
    I tried the badge count several times just now: It doesn't work! Deleted and waiting for a fix.
    I only use the red badge for VIP. The rest is mostly junk.
    07-14-2015 05:35 PM
    I need the badge, straight and simple. Badge count isn't a rocket science, as far as I understand it. Most, if not all, email clients deploy it flawlessly. I tried it again and waited for an hour but no luck. I'm not saying Spark isn't a good email app, but I rely on the badge daily, for work.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    07-14-2015 06:26 PM
    I need the badge, straight and simple. Badge count isn't a rocket science, as far as I understand it. Most, if not all, email clients deploy it flawlessly. I tried it again and waited for an hour but no luck. I'm not saying Spark isn't a good email app, but I rely on the badge daily, for work.
    Fair enough, but if I remember correctly Spark stores all info locally, whereas other email clients are cloud based. This difference of where everything is stored is what's causing issues with the badge app icon syncing immediately.

07-14-2015 09:25 PM
    I've encountered another issue: IMAP emails. Configurations for personal IMAP emails have gone awry. I have no issues configuring them using Outlook for iPhone.
    07-14-2015 09:46 PM
    I've encountered another issue: IMAP emails. Configurations for personal IMAP emails have gone awry. I have no issues configuring them using Outlook for iPhone.
    Per the update notes on version 1.0.1 Readdle says to use the Other option when adding an IMAP account. Did you try adding them that way?

07-14-2015 10:23 PM
    Per the update notes on version 1.0.1 Readdle says to use the Other option when adding an IMAP account. Did you try adding them that way?
    That's the only option available. What am I missing?

Best mail app-img_3386.png
    07-15-2015 09:30 AM
    Fair enough, but if I remember correctly Spark stores all info locally, whereas other email clients are cloud based. This difference of where everything is stored is what's causing issues with the badge app icon syncing immediately.
    From my corresponding helper: "Badge icon is not refreshing -- in current version app badge only updates after the application launch. We're working on improvement of this functionality, it will be available in one of the near updates."
    07-15-2015 10:17 AM
    That's the only option available. What am I missing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3386.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	85245
    You're not missing anything, if you've been trying to add your IMAP by selecting other instead of the other options and you're still having issues, I would just let Readdle know so they can fix it.

07-15-2015 10:23 AM
    You're not missing anything, if you've been trying to add your IMAP by selecting other instead of the other options and you're still having issues, I would just let Readdle know so they can fix it.
    Thanks. I did. I sent them an application log file along with the server that I'm having issues with. I also tried this (which might help some users with a different IMAP server), albeit it didn't help me:
    1. Tap a hamburger menu on the upper left hand corner
    2. Open app Settings and turn Verbose Logging on
    07-15-2015 10:35 AM
    I'm using new email,this is very amazing
    07-15-2015 10:46 AM
    Thanks. I did. I sent them an application log file along with the server that I'm having issues with. I also tried this (which might help some users with a different IMAP server), albeit it didn't help me:
    1. Tap a hamburger menu on the upper left hand corner
    2. Open app Settings and turn Verbose Logging on
    Quick update:
    Regarding IMAP, Spark's default configuration for secure services (SSL) was wrong and that was the culprit. One issue solved and one to go (badge count). I will give Readdle's support staff credit for being responsive (usually within 24 hours).
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    07-15-2015 04:19 PM
    replacing my gmail app :P
    08-01-2015 03:28 AM
    I like Gmail app to use. And I like this one.
    08-01-2015 10:06 AM
    I'm using new email,this is very amazing
    Which email mate may I know?
    08-01-2015 10:09 AM
    Quick update:
    Regarding IMAP, Spark's default configuration for secure services (SSL) was wrong and that was the culprit. One issue solved and one to go (badge count). I will give Readdle's support staff credit for being responsive (usually within 24 hours).
    Problem solved, good job Readdle! If you'd like the badge count to show you need to enable it from within the app.
    08-05-2015 03:42 PM
    Problem solved, good job Readdle! If you'd like the badge count to show you need to enable it from within the app.
    They celebrated their 8th birthday on the 1st.
    sanibel likes this.
    08-05-2015 07:12 PM
    it is great
    08-07-2015 02:15 AM
    thanks!
    08-07-2015 02:16 AM
    Thanks for your thread, I was also interested in this question. Going to try out Mailbox tomorrow.
    09-12-2015 07:42 AM
45 12