How do I start making apps for the iOS?

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Making apps for iOS

Hi. I have had in many ways used and owned an iOS device in the past 2 years. I believe it is the best mobile OS platform out there in terms of simplicity, battery life, quick updates and overall hardware quality. SO, having used & owned devices i find being more familiar with features and stuff.

I consider myself an "intermediate level" when it comes to technical stuff related to making/creating apps. I want to find a different way to earn money apart from what i have now and i heard success stories from persons who created apps and became overnight hits.

Please advice on where or how to start with these aim of mine. I have lots of ideas in mind but i'm not sure if an app is already out there. Heard of courses but it requires months of study and lots of "investment". I have also a Macbook and i don't know if this is a good deal-breaker in making apps.

Please advice. Thanks.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Making apps for iOS

I plan on developing for iOS and Android in the near future (just saving up to get a Mac lol) and I am enrolled in a number of computer programming and computer science courses. Those help a lot with learning how to code, which it sounds like you are already familiar with. Also, I have downloaded Apple's official coding books for iOS with iBooks. Those 2 books are really helpful for me. One is called "iOS Human Interface Guidelines", and another is called "The Swift Programming Language". It's also a $99 developer fee per year to develop for iOS, so take that into consideration before you start.

Also, you can download XCode, which is the environment used to program for iOS, and is a free download from Apple. With this, you can use a virtual machine to test apps you build, but not an actual device. You can't publish your app though if you don't pay the $99 developer fee.

Hopefully this helps. I would recommend checking out those books, they help a lot. :)

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks you for the advice. Sounds very technical, expensive and time-consuming i must say. But, as i said i am not an expert on maths or coding or have a course to back me.

All i need is some basic background on how to start and how to do it. I heard of some app-building websites. Do those work?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks you for the advice. Sounds very technical, expensive and time-consuming i must say. But, as i said i am not an expert on maths or coding or have a course to back me.

All i need is some basic background on how to start and how to do it. I heard of some app-building websites. Do those work?

I haven't ever used those, so I can't comment on how good those are, but there are online courses out there to help you start developing for iOS using Swift. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen