Microsoft Office on iPad

heickelrrx

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello there

I'm looking for suggestions on Microsoft Office on iPad. It has price tag for editing features for subscription type as office 365.

Is there anyone has tried the apps? My mom ask about office on her iPad 2 so she doesn't have to write much when giving lecture on campus.

Still I'm using Windows PC (8.1) at home and my phone and my dad also Windows devices so I'm considering this apps.
Thanks in advance
Posted using my Nokia Lumia 625 via Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone who actually uses Office 365 / Microsoft Office on their iOS device will comment soon...:)

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been using different part of Office 365 for several months. I have used Word, Excel and Power Point off and on and it seems to work pretty well.

The cons of it are that it does not sync to Dropbox and the cost for the average user. (I bought it for 79.00 for 4 years on an educational discount.) but I think it's 6.99 a month. Also, if you want to install it on a PC, there are certain system requirements.

To be honest, when I go to meetings, where I'm going to be taking notes, I use Notability. It is inexpensive, easy to use, syncs to Dropbox and many others, can do voice recordings and I can use a stylus if I want to.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have office 365 for my family. $99 a year for 5 people. My daughter uses the apps on her iPad during her day in college, puts everything into the cloud and jumps in her PC at home. She loves it on the iPad.

I also use it for work and have not found any limitations on the go. The OneDrive options is now even better with the unlimited storage being offered now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

heickelrrx

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Currently my college has dreamsparks subscription I also get office 365 subscription for free. I'm planning to share it to my mom iPad but since it only allow for 2 tablet devices I still need to consider it first
About the synchronization I use OneDrive in PC iPad and my phone

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Office 365 boost your productivity with reliable access anywhere with services like email, calendar, file sharing, online conferencing, instant messaging, and Office Online. It's just like normal office you already know and use every day. Since it powered by the cloud you can get your files from virtually anywhere—PC, Mac, and tablets—and they're always up to date.

heickelrrx

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I got 64 GB iPad 2 so it shouldn't bother much. I still unsure to active premium content on office from my subscription in my iPad the current free version pretty good actually

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Office for iPad is pretty sweet. I was pretty happy with Pages when it came out, and don't use Word on my laptop, so I didn't feel the need to go for the subscription, but when they made editing free I thought I'd give it a try. I was hooked in pretty quickly. Really the big reason why I use it over iWork now is the Dropbox integration, as well as the fact that it doesn't have to convert the docx to be able to edit it. The only perk is that you can't rename files for some reason, although you can do that through Dropbox now. Overall I highly recommend, especially if you already use Dropbox / OneDrive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner