IPad app suggestions...please?

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Tempted to get the iPad mini Retina (again) but need help in apps suggestions please for:

1. Music Player - I'm looking for a music player that has custom/ user-defined equaliser settings, ability to transfer/receive files from a Macbook via wifi, share options, add Playlists on-the fly, deleting songs on-the fly and some other sound-enhancing features.
2. Video player - A good media player that plays excellent movies with various media format compatibility.
3. Mail - An email app with simple features especially where you can swipe to left or right for various functions (like delete, archive, move or forward, etc.)
4. Photos - A basic photo editing app with basic tools such as rotate, crop, sharpen, enhance, etc.
5. Is there an app where i can "share" or "cast" my files (such as photos or Mp3 files) to my PS3 using my home wifi?

Please advice. Thanks.

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Plex seems to do the reverse i.e. streaming contents from a games console to an iPhone or iPhone. I need my media to be streamed to my PS3.

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Some more suggestions needed:

Youtube - the iOS app is somewhat dissimilar with the Android app in terms of the dates written right there on the main Search results screen (unlike Android). Also i noticed (even though i'm connected to my home wifi network with fibre broadband and other background tasks stopped) the chosen video blurs a little bit for a little while (which seems to indicate it buffers from one resolution to another even if set to "Auto") then it plays again to an "HD" quality one. Is this normal? Any Youtube alternatives out there?

Speakers - I know you guys will kill me for this. But is there a way to further tweak/increase the actual volume of the speakers via an app?

Thanks guys.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Some more suggestions needed:

Youtube - the iOS app is somewhat dissimilar with the Android app in terms of the dates written right there on the main Search results screen (unlike Android). Also i noticed (even though i'm connected to my home wifi network with fibre broadband and other background tasks stopped) the chosen video blurs a little bit for a little while (which seems to indicate it buffers from one resolution to another even if set to "Auto") then it plays again to an "HD" quality one. Is this normal? Any Youtube alternatives out there?

Speakers - I know you guys will kill me for this. But is there a way to further tweak/increase the actual volume of the speakers via an app?

Thanks guys.

I don't have a PS3, but I go Mac to Amazon FireTV, so in principle it should work provided there is a Plex for PS3 app. You need an app on both sides.

Sam_Lee

Banned
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
You can choose here for your music player.

12 Best Music Players For iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

Free:
1. Toones
2. Scrobbler
3. IAlbums
4. TuneWiki Lyrics
5. Legato
6. Splitr
7. Planetary (IPad)
Paid:

8.Groove
9.Music Player All-In-1
10.CarTunes
11.Stezza
12.Track 8

Gino Guillermo

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
How about suggestions for photos app?

I have heard the new Photos app have been updated. But can it send more than 5 photos at the same time to a third-party app such as Google+, Dropbox, email or Evernote?? (the last time i've checked it can only send around 6-7 photos at the same time and the more you choose the less choices (of sharing it to apps installed) you have. Is this true?

I would like to know re: Music player app. Especially the ability to transfer wirelessly via wifi or a website.

Please advice.