Firefight - Real time WW2 game for iPads only

SeanOConnor1969

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've just released a game for iPads on the AppStore and I've attempted to make it the most realistic simulation of tank and infantry warfare yet. The gameplay is similar to the old game Close Combat but tanks use a physics engine so they drive using brake levers, and you can see their rev counters, speedos and gear changes etc..., so they manoeuvre in a much more realistic way. All the ballistics are done in 3D so you get realistic ricochets off sloped surfaces, and the shells themselves can be of different types such as HE, HEAT, APCR, APCBC etc...

It's a free download if you'd like to take a look (but $5 to buy the full scenarios) please search for "Firefight - WW2" on the AppStore.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefight-ww2/id883314282?mt=8&at=10l3Vy
and here is a screenshot of a column of German armour about to move up the road:

Attachments

• FF screenshot small.png
    FF screenshot small.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:

SeanOConnor1969

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies and version 2.0 is out now on the AppStore and it can run on iPhones and iPod Touches as well as iPads now. I've also added some new features like showing hill contours when you zoom out, and there are now 6 maps available with number 7 in the pipeline!

Attachments

• FF_iPhone.png
    FF_iPhone.png
    417.2 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR