Shop Holiday deals at:Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Apple | Dell

I have an iPhone 5s and iPad 4, and have a part-time business. I know that "they" have been saying for years that the iPhone and iPad aren't business friendly like Blackberry or Android. I know that I'm no big CEO, with trade secrets on my mobile devices, but I find them very useful.

These are the business related apps I have and find useful:

1. Scanner Pro - This is my most use app, for business and personal use
    2. PDF Expert(Readdle)- I can open, sign, annotate, and etc with this app.
    3. Dropbox- My default document storage.
    4. Evernote- Haven't really use this but a couple of times, but I'm going to learn more about it. Seems to have more features than Dropbox.
    5. Camcard- This is a neat app, even in this digital age, people still use paper business cards.
    6. Linkedin- Haven't really gain any new contacts, but haven't used it that much.
    7. FileCentral/was called Print-N-Share Pro- This is a neat app, that allows me to print to wireless printers from my iPhone/iPad.
    8. DataVault- Use this for storing all my passwords/usernames.
    9. Default Mail- I use the standard Apple mail app.
    10. Default Calendar- I use the standard Apple calendar app for keeping up with appointments/etc.

Now, here are a list of apps I have, but haven't really used them yet. However, I'm sure I will use them in time, because I bought them after having someone telling me they use them regularly for work/business.

1. Documents to Go Premium
    2. Quickoffice
    3. iWorks (Pages/Numbers/Keynote)
    4. Google Drive

So, what kind of apps do you use for business purposes, whether you work for someone/corporate, or you have your own business or you're a 1099 employee like sales.
    12-11-2013 02:55 PM
    DropBox
    Evernote
    DataVault
    Asana
    Google Voice
    12-11-2013 03:27 PM
    I have to go with my top one of Dropbox, Evernote, Datavault, even the native apps like reminders, Mapquest, My Own Banking app, Twitterffic, Fantastical 2, to name a few.
    12-11-2013 08:35 PM
    Just bumping up.
    12-21-2013 10:30 AM
    Native Calender
    Notes
    StockTwits
    Twitter
    CNBC
    Feedly
    SplashID
    Fidelity Investments
    WSJ
    FT
    Google Drive
    Numbers
    Good Luck
    12-21-2013 12:00 PM
    Dropbox
    Pages
    Write
    12-21-2013 12:05 PM
    I have an iPhone 5s and iPad 4, and have a part-time business. I know that "they" have been saying for years that the iPhone and iPad aren't business friendly like Blackberry or Android. I know that I'm no big CEO, with trade secrets on my mobile devices, but I find them very useful.

These are the business related apps I have and find useful:

1. Scanner Pro - This is my most use app, for business and personal use
    2. PDF Expert(Readdle)- I can open, sign, annotate, and etc with this app.
    3. Dropbox- My default document storage.
    4. Evernote- Haven't really use this but a couple of times, but I'm going to learn more about it. Seems to have more features than Dropbox.
    5. Camcard- This is a neat app, even in this digital age, people still use paper business cards.
    6. Linkedin- Haven't really gain any new contacts, but haven't used it that much.
    7. FileCentral/was called Print-N-Share Pro- This is a neat app, that allows me to print to wireless printers from my iPhone/iPad.
    8. DataVault- Use this for storing all my passwords/usernames.
    9. Default Mail- I use the standard Apple mail app.
    10. Default Calendar- I use the standard Apple calendar app for keeping up with appointments/etc.

Now, here are a list of apps I have, but haven't really used them yet. However, I'm sure I will use them in time, because I bought them after having someone telling me they use them regularly for work/business.

1. Documents to Go Premium
    2. Quickoffice
    3. iWorks (Pages/Numbers/Keynote)
    4. Google Drive

So, what kind of apps do you use for business purposes, whether you work for someone/corporate, or you have your own business or you're a 1099 employee like sales.
    Speaking of scanner, the native Passbook app has a built in QR Scanner. Just to let you know.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    12-23-2013 09:27 PM
    Speaking of scanner, the native Passbook app has a built in QR Scanner. Just to let you know.
    Tks gb,
    I forgot about that.
    Good Luck
    12-24-2013 08:47 PM
    False alarm. It's only useful for storing boarding passes and receipts and things like that. Sorry about that.
    12-24-2013 11:01 PM
    Hi All,

Recently I downloaded VIPaList app which helps me a lot during business hours.

With an easily-managed call management function, it lets to determine who I want to talk too, when I want to talk to them and also where.

It allow to create groups with family, co-workers, friends,Business Team etc.., so I can either allow, or silence them with a single screen tap.

During business meeting it helps to receive calls only from A list (Allowed List).

Some best features of the app are,

* Group calls by category or caller to allow them to ring through, or go to voice mail
    * Allow callers in a specific group to ring through only while you are in a specific geographic location
    * Silence unknown, private, and hidden numbers

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ajaykumar; 12-27-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    12-27-2013 05:53 AM
    My last post in this old thread was almost 7 years ago. Since this thread was brought back to life.......I’ll update my reply.

Things
    Outlook
    Slack
    Trello
    Zoom
    NordVPN
    Dropbox
    Open Path
    Skitch
    Discord
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-09-2020 09:33 PM
    I would recommend trying to use web based apps and services that don't always rely on using the same device. That way you can always have access to your business no matter what happens to your iPad or iPhone.
    01-14-2021 09:52 AM
    Office365 suite.
    01-14-2021 11:14 AM
    I'll use my student life apps. I can't share the professional app list, because it's confidential.
    • Apple Mail
    • Microsoft Word
    • Microsoft Excel
    • Microsoft PowerPoint
    • Microsoft OneNote
    • Microsoft OneDrive
    • Microsoft Teams
    • Moodle
    • Discord
    • Zoom
    • Slack
    • GitHub