Adware on iPad Air from email website.

havpilot

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
When I go to NetZero.net, the website goes through about 5 more websites until settling on "sayzz.rewards.6306.ws". The pop-up says:

Congratulations Apple user!

You have been selected for a chance to get a $1000 Amazon Giftcard? or a $1000 Visa Giftcard?! This special offer is exclusively available to Apple users in the United States.

Please confirm that you are the owner of this Apple iPad by clicking OK.

How can I stop this Adware pop-up?

I have swiped the page closed and opened the website again.

Then I get "play.leadzu.com". The replacement site says:

QUER GANHAR UM
iPhone 6s
Participa gratuitamente e leva-to a casa
PARTICIPA AGORA

Every time I swipe the ad closed and reopen NetZero.net, a different ad pops up.

It's only on the NetZero.net website.

I'm using an iPad Air with iOS 10.1

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I get the same pop up when I access the iMore forums via Safari on my iPhone. Anyway, you can try a different browser or use an ad locker of some sort to diminish the chances of it happening again.

havpilot

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
What I want to do is delete the Ad. I tried going to Private in Safari, but it still showed up. As I said it only pops up on the NetZero.net site. The web is saying that NetZero is not a secure site. Would Reset Network Settings do anything? What do I lose when I reset Network?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What I want to do is delete the Ad. I tried going to Private in Safari, but it still showed up. As I said it only pops up on the NetZero.net site. The web is saying that NetZero is not a secure site. Would Reset Network Settings do anything? What do I lose when I reset Network?

Reset the network settings will not help in this regard. You'd be better off deleting the history and website data from within Safari's Settings. Resetting your network settings will cause you to lose your current Wi-Fi and Bluetooth configurations. In other words, you would have to re-enter your Wi-Fi passcode(s) and reconfigure your device with your Bluetooth devices.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're trying to do here. NetZero has always been, and probably always will be, littered with ads. That's how they make their revenue.

The only way to stop it, if you ask me, is to stop visiting NetZero.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh