buying a refurb ipad air

crazylegshinch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My advice would be if you can afford to get a newer model, then it will offer more longevity for you. There's always a new device coming out, but get the newest thing you can budget for.

If a refurbished iPad Air is the best your budget allows for, then it's still a good device.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can afford a newer model then, by all means, get a newer one. Refurb Air 2's will probably be coming down in price with the 9.7-inch Pro hitting shelves on April 1.
On a side note, make sure whatever seller you buy from replaced the battery. Apple refurbs come with new OEM batteries and full warranties.

douceur1010

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I know newer is better for longevity. But otherwise, no need to get the latest. I have the iPad Air first generation and it works great. My battery life is as good as it was new. I spend hours on it every day and have had no issues with it. So as said above, go with your budget.

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I am unaware of specs I will mainly be using the ipad for web browsing and youtube is there a major difference between the air 1 and air 2 ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am unaware of specs I will mainly be using the ipad for web browsing and youtube is there a major difference between the air 1 and air 2 ?

For what you will be us be it for, the iPad Air will indeed be sufficient. Having said that, if the extra dollars is not a problem, go with the iPad Air 2. It's faster, has TouchID, a better camera, and will be supported longer than the original iPad Air.

kroman1107

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
i have an iPad Air 1st gen I just purchased a week or so ago. It's a 32 gb lte model for the price it was cheaper then some wifi only models. Personally when I initially upgraded to the iPad Air 2 I was disappointed the batter got smaller and my battery life suffered as a result. I felt no difference in use and couldn't care less about having Touch ID on a tablet. iPad Air is my favorite iPad to date. To be fair I haven't owned the iPad Air pro but the 1st gen air is a good buy still.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW