I have an iPad Air, after waiting for a very long time to update, I decided to but after updating my cellular menu disappeared, I tried doing a fresh installation but I keep getting an incompatible firmware error, but if I try the wifi only version I am able to install. . . Is there a way to make the cellular Firmware install?
    02-22-2016 06:43 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Use recovery mode to restore through iTunes. You can't force a particular version of iOS to install but this method should detect the correct version for you.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263
    Have you made any hardware changes to your iPad Air? This shouldn't be happening. If the issue persists bring your iPad into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-22-2016 07:18 AM
    I have tried recovery mode, still have same issue, successfully installed the wifi version but my iPad is the cellular version. . . Model A1475
    02-22-2016 07:22 AM
    welcome to imore! Use recovery mode to restore through itunes. You can't force a particular version of ios to install but this method should detect the correct version for you.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201263
    have you made any hardware changes to your ipad air? This shouldn't be happening. If the issue persists bring your ipad into an apple store or contact apple support.
    ↑↑best answer↑↑
    Especially the part about taking it in to an Apple Store.
    02-22-2016 07:36 AM
    I have tried recovery mode, still have same issue, successfully installed the wifi version but my iPad is the cellular version. . . Model A1475
    Put the device in DFU mode, and then restore it via iTunes. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
    02-22-2016 09:17 AM
    My computer is connected to the Internet but it still just downloads the Wifi firmware
    02-22-2016 09:29 AM
    My computer is connected to the Internet but it still just downloads the Wifi firmware
    If you've put the device in DFU mode as suggested, and the update still fails, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them fix the problem for you.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-22-2016 09:33 AM
    Guess I'll do that when next I'm in the country . . . . Just wish I did not update
    02-22-2016 09:41 AM