I have quite a few photos on my I pad air but I need to free up some space, how do I do this without having to delete my photos
    01-11-2016 02:47 AM
  2. robertk328 said: Best Answer

Don't fire up space at all - add more. This Transcend JetDrive fits into the SD card slot and is more or less completely flush. I leave mine in all the time and have zero issues. They're pretty cheap and and come in 64, 128 and 256gb sizes.
    There is no SD slot on the iPad Air.

Without deleting photos (can you delete videos, if there are any?) you can clear space by going to your settings and clearing out large apps, music, podcasts, etc.

Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage

Look through the Storage section and delete anything possible.

Other than that, you may have to start looking through your photos to delete if you're out of space.
    Don't fire up space at all - add more. This Transcend JetDrive fits into the SD card slot and is more or less completely flush. I leave mine in all the time and have zero issues. They're pretty cheap and and come in 64, 128 and 256gb sizes.

How do I free up space on my iPad Air without having to delete my photos?-imoreappimg_20160111_082311.jpg
    01-11-2016 03:23 AM

Without deleting photos (can you delete videos, if there are any?) you can clear space by going to your settings and clearing out large apps, music, podcasts, etc.

Other than that, you may have to start looking through your photos to delete if you're out of space.
    01-11-2016 06:15 AM
    Why not transfer photos to a computer or photo sharing site like Flikr to PhotoBucket? How would you feel if the iPad ceased working at all? (Accident or theft) You need to have the photos backed up somewhere, and then you would be free to selectively dispose of some off the iPad.
    01-11-2016 07:03 AM

No there isn't. I mistakenly read MacBook Air. Sorry!
    01-13-2016 12:09 AM
    No there isn't. I mistakenly read MacBook Air. Sorry!
    I figured as much! It's a great idea if you had the option like on your laptop. Non critical items could be stored there easily -- unfortunately it's not an option on the i-devices.
    01-13-2016 05:38 AM
    I must admit I like the idea of the Transcend Jetdrive (even though it was erroneously posted in this thread) for my laptop.
    01-13-2016 04:19 PM