Why isn't my iPad Air 16g updating?

Drew Adams1

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Ipad Air 16g not updating.

Hi all.

Had the pad 18 months ish with no problems at all. Today I went to download my newspaper and it wouldn't update.

Tried the updater and says "Unable to check for updates. An error occurred while checking for a software update"

I went into the App store and it's like I have no internet. Everything is there but all grey boxes. If I click on get the circle comes up and then nothing. I went to the homescreen and the icon is there but just says "waiting" Then nothing happens.

Scrolled a billion posts and in the end I decided to back it all up which I did and did a system reset.

Now all back to original settings. I logged back into Icloud and It put all my apps back on but they are all greyed out and when I click on them I just get "waiting"

So now I have no idea what to try next?? Any help would be much appreciated

TIA

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ipad Air 16g not updating.

Do you actually have Internet access? Have you checked and double-checked the settings? Are you on a family share plan where the administrator has restricted your App Store access?

Drew Adams1

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ipad Air 16g not updating.

Hi. Internet is working fine, Am at home. Been through all settings and factory reboot. No family share. All very odd really. Cheers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods