Why isn't my iPad Air turning on or charging?

I

iMore Question

my ipad air is not turning on or charging

my ipad had no battery and needed to be charged but when i tried to charge it, it wouldn't charge and i already waited 30 mins. but as i waited even more it is compleatly blank and is just a black screen and it doesn't say for it to charge anymore. i tried turning it on but it wouldn't respond and i've charged it over night and changed the charger cable. i also pressed the home button and the power button but it wouldn't say anything and i also tried plugging it in to the computer. i really wanted it turning on but i don't want to spend soo much money on a replacement or a repair.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: my ipad air is not turning on or charging

Did anything happen to the device? Was it dropped or exposed to moisture? If not, it could be the cord has gone bad that DOES happen. Try replacing the cord. Can you borrow a cord from an iphone, or from a friend to test it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: my ipad air is not turning on or charging

In addition, have you tried a different charging cable or wall outlet?

Roy Carmona

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I've already tried using 3 chargers but i think i have dropped it a few times but nothing actually happend and its not cracked at all. would it still work if i blow dry it because i normally clean it with wips?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've already tried using 3 chargers but i think i have dropped it a few times but nothing actually happend and its not cracked at all. would it still work if i blow dry it because i normally clean it with wips?

If you think the device is charged, press and hold both the power and home buttons for about 30 seconds or until you see the Apple logo. If it still won't turn on, I recommend you make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them troubleshoot the problem for you.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

wipes should not cause water damage, BUT if it was exposed to moisture blow drying won't fix it, you need to draw the moisture out with uncooked rice or silica gel packs they use for shipping and at the pharmacy. But I like D's suggestion of taking it to the Apple Store. :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
wipes should not cause water damage, BUT if it was exposed to moisture blow drying won't fix it, you need to draw the moisture out with uncooked rice or silica gel packs they use for shipping and at the pharmacy. But I like D's suggestion of taking it to the Apple Store. :)

I agree, and that makes three. . . . See what I did there? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW