iPad Air vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPad Air. Absolutely love it. I have a great setup with it too with a Tech 21 folio case and Apple bluetooth keyboard when I need to be more productive. But I was wondering how the iPad Air compares to the comparable Samsung tablet? Has anyone experienced both devices? I have only ever had one Android tablet and that was the Nexus 7. Although the experience was pretty good, the form factor was too small for what I wanted to do. Just looking for some thoughts on the iPad Air vs the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have become less enthusiastic about Samsung after dealing with a lot of their bloatware but their high end devices definitely have the tech to drive a great tablet experience. If you are to go Android v iOS, with Android you have a less restrictive app store, more apps overall, and the ability to side load. (iOS can jailbreak of course but I would recommend neither jailbreak or custom ROM flashing...that is definitely something for an advanced user). I have owned some pretty high end Android hardware (Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 3) and found that while 99% of all major apps work great on both platforms, Android is a bit glitchier.

Now the basic Tab 4 10'' is a pretty modest device with only 1 GB RAM and a slower Snapdragon CPU. Compared to a few years ago when the 10'' devices were expensive as hell it is pretty great and it would be at the top of my list for a budget shopper looking for a 10'' tablet. However, none of the tech specs can really compare to iPad. It has less RAM, borderline storage comparability, and relatively low resolution at 1280x800.

If you go Galaxy Tab S which is price more comparably to an iPad you get a much faster CPU, a lot more RAM, and a beautiful 2560x1600 resolution. It is definitely a tablet I could recommend against the iPad if you don't want to be on iOS. I wouldn't call it better but I would say it is a solid premium competitor on the rival system, much like the Asus Zenbook or HP Spectre x360 are Windows rivals to the Macbook.