Why can't I send send a message to A NON iOS user on my iPad?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Try turning of Message on the iPad - and then go through the process to set it up again, and set it up so it is associated with your iPhone's phone number.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349
Tks for your reply Keith,
Unfortunately, that didn't work.
BtW: this started happening around the time I was required to set up 2-step verification on iMessage & Face Tine on my iPad Air. But it might haved stated before that.
Any other ideas?
TIA

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If it's a 2 factor authentication thing... try signing out of iMessage & FaceTime on all devices - then turn off Message & FaceTime on all devices - reboot 'em - and turn on and sign in again on everything.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, I cannot send a message to A NON iOS user on my iPad. I can with my iPhone 6.... Any solution?

Because SMS messaging is a part of the VOICE service. Since your iPad has no voice service (no "phone" function), it won't work. The only way is to use the continuity feature where the SMS is actually sent by your phone.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
If it's a 2 factor authentication thing... try signing out of iMessage & FaceTime on all devices - then turn off Message & FaceTime on all devices - reboot 'em - and turn on and sign in again on everything.

OK I did all of that on all 3 devices.
Was successful signing in on iPhone 5S and MacBook Air but when trying to enter the App specific password on my iPad Air, I continue to get the message "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again."

Connection is fine. Remember, the iPad iMessage was having the issues in the first place.
Any other suggestion?
TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods