I have an iPad Air that I use mainly and mostly for college stuff. I want it to be lag free and working smooth that is why I am still on iOS 7.1.2.

I upgraded to iOS 8 GM once before the public iOS 8 was released and I wasn't satisfied. The iPad Air felt a little Laggy and sometimes extra smooth just like having some lag spikes on a Windows PC.

I wanted to give iOS 8 a try again on my iPad Air because I thinking of an iPhone 6 Plus soon I wouldn't be happy if I don't have access to the continuity feature so is Apple still signing iOS 7.1.2 to make sure I can restore in case I don't like it?

I will most likely test iOS 8 for just an hour or two.
    09-22-2014 03:06 PM
    I've seen comments saying they have...and other saying they're still signing it, and it could end at any moment... You'll have to decide if it's worth the risk...
    M.Rizk likes this.
    09-22-2014 03:12 PM
    I've seen comments saying they have...and other saying they're still signing it, and it could end at any moment... You'll have to decide if it's worth the risk...
    Just updated to iOS 8 on my iPad Air to give it another let's say, a one last shot before Apple stops signing iOS 7.1.2. iOS 8 felt good, it did pretty well keeping about 7 tabs alive with no lag on Safari, I am talking full PC sites of course not those mini mobile ones.

iOS 8 was able to browse Facebook too, which is a heavy app along with keeping those 7 tabs alive. Things started to go crazy a little bit when I started recording voice memos on Evernote while keeping Facebook, and the 7 tabs open. Although the 7 tabs stayed live and open, Facebook was also live and recording was working fine the iOS 8 itself lost all kind of smoothness and became so laggy and glitchy unfortunately.

Apparently on iOS 7 the device would rather keep fast by freeing up RAMs instead of doing hard tasks, while things is different on iOS 8 that it rather eats all RAM to do what you want, it is sad it happens at the cost of having a smooth device though.

This kind of makes me not be so anti iOS 8 like I was before, at least for the iPad Air but I will instead wait till a new update is released and check how it goes.
    09-22-2014 06:43 PM