My iPad is the reason I'm not upgrading to the iPhone 6

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had preordered the iPhone 6 plus and then cancelled it yesterday. I couldn't go through with it. Not only is my 5S still a very good phone and in pristine condition, but it isn't my primary device anymore. Over the past five months I would say, my Air has been my go to device. And if iOS 8 brings continuity the way I think it is going to work, then I really won't be using my iPhone much at all. So I decided that if I was going to drop that kind of money on a device, I should wait for the new iPad and get that. I would rather have the best iPad than the best iPhone.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I had preordered the iPhone 6 plus and then cancelled it yesterday. I couldn't go through with it. Not only is my 5S still a very good phone and in pristine condition, but it isn't my primary device anymore. Over the past five months I would say, my Air has been my go to device. And if iOS 8 brings continuity the way I think it is going to work, then I really won't be using my iPhone much at all. So I decided that if I was going to drop that kind of money on a device, I should wait for the new iPad and get that. I would rather have the best iPad than the best iPhone.

I'm exactly in the same situation & will be waiting as well BUT.... I will have the 6 Plus either end of year or early 2015.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm exactly in the same situation & will be waiting as well BUT.... I will have the 6 Plus either end of year or early 2015.

That's cool. I just don't need it then. When I say that the Air is my primary device, it really is. Most of the people I know have an iPhone. So I do a lot of talking through FaceTime audio and video. So I can use my iPad over my iPhone. I text over my iPad especially at work. People actually think that I'm working when they see me typing away. And of course multimedia consumption is a far better experience on the iPad than the iPhone. The only thing that my iPad doesn't have is LTE which is what I'm going to get when the next iPad is released. So no new iPhone for me. Looking for the new iPad instead. And I probably won't have to worry about back orders or anything.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My Air is used for 50+ percent of my day. Mine is LTE (T-Mobile) and that's part of the reason I'm able to use it as much as I do.

In my role as an HR Manager covering multiple warehouses, retail stores and HQ location I am constantly on the move. The Air not only gives me access to my email, notes in Evernote, files on Dropbox and my calendar but I can be functional and productive as well.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i wanna order one myself but im kinda stuck. i need sell my 5s, value right now is good if i wait till verizon gets them in stock again middle of nov. im sure resell value of 5s will be down low. :-/ dunno what to do.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i was going to but problem is demand locally was no one would have any till halloweenish to early novemeber. I also decided to stop thinking about myself for once im in debt the holidays are coming, i have a 3 year old and 8 year old niece who dont get much, im throwing my iphone 6 money i saved there way to make sure they have good holiday season, After holidays are done and my bank account recovers more i will look into the 6 maybe. Verizon told me i can edge upgrade if i have just a year left, so i could edge upgrade in may then when iphone 6s or whatever next model is i wont be binded to contract. IS better this way i think :)

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
You're a great uncle, well
done!

thanks, friend of mine works at verizon advised me of a loop hole they really dont tell you because its perfectly legal and everything but basically i got my iphone six space grey 16gb for new contract pricing. I was saving up to pay retail I have it but he knew how much my family means to me and advised me of this loop hole and today got my new iphone six for 250ish had some discounts applied and everything because some stuff they advertised wasnt in stock so they discounted and substituted. I dont think its bad price since i wasnt not able upgrade at discount until may 2016, and the 6 at retail was gonna set me back 700$ with tax and discount stil would paid 400 plus tax about. I was stil able to basically take that 700 i saved paid for my phone and it still leaves me if my math is right, after upgrade fee about 400$ left for kids this year. Got what I wanted early :)

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks, friend of mine works at verizon advised me of a loop hole they really dont tell you because its perfectly legal and everything but basically i got my iphone six space grey 16gb for new contract pricing. I was saving up to pay retail I have it but he knew how much my family means to me and advised me of this loop hole and today got my new iphone six for 250ish had some discounts applied and everything because some stuff they advertised wasnt in stock so they discounted and substituted. I dont think its bad price since i wasnt not able upgrade at discount until may 2016, and the 6 at retail was gonna set me back 700$ with tax and discount stil would paid 400 plus tax about. I was stil able to basically take that 700 i saved paid for my phone and it still leaves me if my math is right, after upgrade fee about 400$ left for kids this year. Got what I wanted early :)
That's awesome. Fyi...I just sold my iPhone 5 16gb on ebay for $320. It was mint condition with 2 great cases,..you should get more for a 5s. Recoup that money right back.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That's awesome. Fyi...I just sold my iPhone 5 16gb on ebay for $320. It was mint condition with 2 great cases,..you should get more for a 5s. Recoup that money right back.

I wonder how much I would get for my 64GB iPhone 5S. It would be nice to make some money to cushion the blow from the almost $1000 I spent preordering the 6 plus.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I honestly think if I had an iPad I wouldn't have gotten a 6 plus. I wanted a larger screen for some of the things I like to enjoy on my phone. And so far the Plus has been great to me. But at the same time I'd still go for a new iphone sooner or later. Then again I shouldn't say that since I only have iphones and no iPads. . .yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think if I had an iPad I wouldn't have gotten a 6 plus. I wanted a larger screen for some of the things I like to enjoy on my phone. And so far the Plus has been great to me. But at the same time I'd still go for a new iphone sooner or later. Then again I shouldn't say that since I only have iphones and no iPads. . .yet.

I've had an iPad 2 and I have an iPad Mini, yet, as big as the iPhone 6 Plus is, it's still not iPad-like, in my opinion.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had an iPad 2 and I have an iPad Mini, yet, as big as the iPhone 6 Plus is, it's still not iPad-like, in my opinion.

The iPad does offer a different experience. I can't wait to get a new one
this winter. This may be my last upgrade for a while though. I just
want an iPad with LTE. I should have gotten one before, but I was
thinking that I wouldn't need it if I could just tether my iPhone. But
there have been situations where I would have liked not to do this.
So my next iPad purchase will have LTE.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm the opposite of the OP. I have not been using my iPad Air 128 GB VZW at all. I use my 5s wherever I go. I'm planning on getting the 6 Plus 128 GB VZW by trading in my 5s and iPad Air and paying the difference. If this doesn't work then I'll get the Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm the opposite of the OP. I have not been using my iPad Air 128 GB VZW at all. I use my 5s wherever I go. I'm planning on getting the 6 Plus 128 GB VZW by trading in my 5s and iPad Air and paying the difference. If this doesn't work then I'll get the Note 4.

Oooh the Note 4. I really hope that my plus comes before the 17th because I may be tempted to pick that up instead.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPad Air, I got the iPhone 6. The 6 plus was way too big, I'm happy with the 6. I still use my iPad as much as before, but now I also enjoy having all my devices connected. (I was coming from Blackberry).

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad Air and it compliments my iPhone 6 plus nicely. I like to read a lot and browse the web. My plus gives me the screen estate to do those things without having to take my iPad Air places.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice