File managers

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey. I'm trying to find a file manager that works. I've tried them all, ifile ect. And they don't seem to find any files on my ipad. A few photos maybe but no downloaded videos or anything. Would anyone know how I fix this?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box is one i like. I keep photos, videos, gifs, contacts and other documents there. I use the iPhone 5 though. It says for iPad too. You get 10 gb free storage. If you have those issues with several different ones, you might try a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
The ipad is only 4 days old will it really need reset? The file managers just can't seem to read the device

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I'm trying to find a file manager that works. I've tried them all, ifile ect. And they don't seem to find any files on my ipad. A few photos maybe but no downloaded videos or anything. Would anyone know how I fix this?

So your files are stored locally?

I have everything in Dropbox, over 20GB, and have relatively little issue finding anything.

_-TechnologyTwitt-_
iPad Air / Space Gray / 16GB
T-Mobile * 5GB Data

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Just to confirm guys all of the file readers I have tried never find any files on the ipad. None. I'm worried there is a bigger issue then just the actual software I'm trying

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm guys all of the file readers I have tried never find any files on the ipad. None. I'm worried there is a bigger issue then just the actual software I'm trying

How are you putting the files on your device? Do this: grap simple .pdf file and place it on the desktop of your computer. Download Documents by Readdle or even Goodreader from App Store on your device. Initiate the app you just installed. Now connect your device to your computer via USB and initiate the computer's iTunes app. After iTunes detects your device, select the "Apps" tab and then scroll down until you see the app you just installed and then select it. Now drag and drop the .pdf file into the open space to the right of the app. It should automatically sync to your device. Now view the .pdf file from within the app on your device.

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm doing all this without a computer bro. I just want to be able to download a torrent, locate with ifile or whatever. Then watch on the ipad

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay then Documents by Readdle should be all you need. You can browse the web and download from within the app.

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Just tried that app. I think we're getting mixed up,that doesn't allow me to locate files in all root places ect. That's why I was trying ifile and so on.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just tried that app. I think we're getting mixed up,that doesn't allow me to locate files in all root places ect. That's why I was trying ifile and so on.

That's an important piece of information that should have been mentioned in your initial post...;)...Anyway, you will not, at least not to my knowledge, be able to do that outside of a jailbreak.

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Lol sorry. It can be done as there's loads of vids ect but just doesn't seem to work on iPad Air

leezers

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Not supposed to but I've downloaded a few so far, just can't find them once they're finished lol. Not jail broken may I add

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Not supposed to but I've downloaded a few so far, just can't find them once they're finished lol. Not jail broken may I add

It doesn't sound like they have actually downloaded then. If it's not supported and you can't find them, then it doesn't sound like they were successfully stored.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are not jailbroken, how did you download iFile? Thought this was a J/B only app?

Perhaps list the file management apps you've tried to download via AppStore...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are not jailbroken, how did you download iFile? Thought this was a J/B only app?

Perhaps list the file management apps you've tried to download via AppStore...

When you do a search for iFile in the App Store, you get 31 hits....:)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Curious if you say you are not jailbroken, then why are you posting this in the "Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods" forum???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro