Will you upgrade from the iPad Air to the iPad Air 2?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
When the iPad Air 2 come out in October, will you or will you not upgrade to it?

I can't decide!

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
re:

I don't have the original, but I just might have to check out the second generation of it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re:

No I'll keep my iPad Air. Using a smart case and wanting my screen to unlock when I open, I could care less about Touch ID. And the processor seems plenty fast enough. I'm good.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

I have a Mini with Retina, but I won't be upgrading to the Mini with Retina 2 or the Air 2. The A7 is plenty fast for the next 2 years at least.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
re:

No.
Right now I'm having problems with Apple ID and iTunes, enough of a headache for me to consider leaving Apple, but if my problems are solved today, and I can stay with Apple, I am keeping my iPad Air.
I really don't care for the Touch ID thing, and I really like my iPad as it is, right now.
I have no complaints about the battery life and I love the speed.

What I will NOT do, however, is upgrade to IOS8 for at least several months IF I see that people like it: I learned that the hard way with IOS7 on my old iPad, lol.

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

Yes I will get it. I pass my old one down to my son and now the one he has will be used for an Apple trade-in....

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

My iPad 3 is still going strong for me but I will probably pick one up and pass the 3 on to my kids. They use it as much as I do as it is. I'll just make it official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
re:

My thinking now is that when a new iPad Air is announced, I will be looking to buy the original iPad Air at a discount and sell my iPad2.
Good Luck

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

No. Touch ID isn't enough to make me upgrade. My iPad Air is working very well so I don't see the need to replace it. I will get the new iPad mini retina though.

Sent from my iPad

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

No, I'll keep my iPad Air. It's running beautifully and I don't see it having any problems in the future. I'll end up keeping it for at least 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

If it all becomes true and all these new devices come out besides the iPhone 6 of course it is going to be interesting on whether one should ditch their mini r like me and get a new air if one comes out with significant changes that the first one.

These are going to be some nard questions to ask and decide what to do. I have really become accustomed to my mini r. I only wish I would have bought with my carrier and not just WIFI.

Sent from my iPad Retina using Tapatalk Pro!

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

There's only speculation that it will be announced in October, but I'm in a similar situation. I've been using the iPad Mini for almost a year, for work & play, and am on the fence about bumping up to an Air.

Wait or buy....:confused:

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I don't see that there'd be new options that could tempt me.

Maybe if suddenly RAM became an issue, but my Air runs really nicely for now -- it isn't like how iOS 7 made my iPad 2 run a little choppier. As long as iOS 8 runs fine on the Air -- and if it doesn't, that's when I'd get really angry at Apple TBH -- I see no particular reason for an upgrade. An Air with LTE and 128 GB of storage is enough for anyone.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
re:

Maybe by the Mini 4th Generation I'll upgrade, but upgrading iPads every year just seems like too much money to me. An new iPhone every year is somewhat reasonable, but a new iPad every year isn't realistic for me at least.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2