Anyone using Microsoft 365

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about getting 365 personal (1 Mac and 1 iPad). My question is...if I get 365 and link it to my current iPad Air and decide to upgrade when the new one is released, will I be able to download the apps, log in, and be good to go. Or would this not work since I logged in from the old iPad?

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You have to check with MS to be 100% sure, but I can not imagine they would not let you change device and transfer the license. Just about all other iPad apps just transfer automatically, since this is subscription based it might be different, but I'm sure worst case an email or web support submission to MS can resolve the issue and get the license transferred.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have MS 365. When you purchase it, you set up an account which keeps track of which devices you have the software installed on. You can uninstall and deactivate it for any device you no longer wish to use 365 on and then install it on a new device at any time. It is very easy.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have MS 365. When you purchase it, you set up an account which keeps track of which devices you have the software installed on. You can uninstall and deactivate it for any device you no longer wish to use 365 on and then install it on a new device at any time. It is very easy.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Awesome. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

agp101

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can do that. When I had 365 6 months ago I could have installed it on a number of devices. I forget the exact numbers, but I believe PC/Mac was 2 licenses, mobile devices up to 5 etc.. And you could always sign in to 365 and deauthorize devices to make space for new ones.

Posted via iMore App

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Nice. I'm about to subscribe now. I work on memos at home sometimes and the Word App is the only one that actually keeps the formatting.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
With office 365 and an iPad my daughter is doing very well in college. When she comes home she can jump right on her PC.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of subscribing to this. But since pages, keynote, and numbers are free now, I will just use those applications.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of subscribing to this. But since pages, keynote, and numbers are free now, I will just use those applications.

I only subscribed bc it allows me to edit docs and such when my work sends me things for review. Really came in handy the other day for a retirement when our server was done and I had it on Microsoft cloud, made the changes and used the iPad to get the script.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I have a small biz account I use since it "legally" allows me to edit "commercial" (i.e. from work) documents. Also use it to host my personal domain's email account for my family. As much as I think the iWork apps are nice, the Microsoft Office for iPad apps really are quite nice, and given that's the format I use for work, it makes sense to use.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's as easy to manage the licenses as it seems.

I have a student account which I got just before I graduated -- two computers and two tablets for $79 for four years. I use Office on my MacBook Air, my iPad, a Windows partition on my Air, and will do so on my Android tablet (Xperia Tablet Z) once a full version of Office is released for that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR