So I posted the other day about getting a new iPad air for my son.
    For myself, I used a Galaxy Note Pro, which had its issues but was really spitting cool.
    I dropped it.

There was a huge spider in the bathroom, I want it to take a picture with my Note Pro and it slipped out of my hands, shattering the screen all over. The tablet sputtered but would no longer turn on.

So I went to Apple, looked at the iPad Air and figured well, I'm here already, so...
    I had been told by Samsung that repairing my tablet would be over 350 dollars and they couldn't do it right away, I decided it was time for me to come back to Apple.
    So I bought 2 iPad Air + 2 smart cases.

My wallet is traumatized, somebody hold me please, lol.

However...
    THIS THING IS SO FREAKING COOL!!!

And with Apple care, if I ever break my screen again, it will only be 80 bucks.
    I will no doubt miss the Note Pro, but I am glad not to be with a google product anymore.
    I got help from Support to set it up, everything is perfect.

I will surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!....

I am surprising my son with his new iPad tonight.
    07-02-2014 04:11 PM
    Well, while you're on the money spending train, wanna send some my way?

Haha, congrats on your new toys! Your wallet will recover, and will be fine...until the next iPad comes out!
    07-02-2014 04:16 PM
    Well, while you're on the money spending train, wanna send some my way?

Haha, congrats on your new toys! Your wallet will recover, and will be fine...until the next iPad comes out!
    NO NO NO, I'm not listening, lalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!...
    M.Rizk and iHackPro like this.
    07-02-2014 04:27 PM
    Sorry to hear you broke your Note, but welcome (back) to Apple!
    07-02-2014 04:33 PM
    Congrats on your new iPad(s)! And it's good to hear about there being one less samsung device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    07-02-2014 04:41 PM
    Having trouble with activation: The sim card for the Note Pro is huge and won't fit in the iPad, so the verizon tech is trying to help me out. It looks like I have to drive to a verizon store to finish this. Urgh.
    07-02-2014 04:50 PM
    Having trouble with activation: The sim card for the Note Pro is huge and won't fit in the iPad, so the verizon tech is trying to help me out. It looks like I have to drive to a verizon store to finish this. Urgh.
    Yeah, there are 3 sizes of SIMS.
    07-02-2014 04:57 PM
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident these things happen for a reason

Giving the Evil Guppy a much needed hug in your time of need. You should have mentioned iMore at the Apple Store and they would have giving you No discount what's so ever

All kidding aside we the members at iMore are the fortunate ones to gain a Shattered mind and a great new member now teach that spider a good lesson for us
    Evilguppy and the_tech_eater like this.
    07-02-2014 05:19 PM
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Welcome back to Apple!
    07-02-2014 05:23 PM
    Welcome back, and enjoy your new iPads.
    07-02-2014 05:27 PM
    Finally!

All set up and good to go. I had forgotten how sleek and sexy an iPad could be, lol.
    07-02-2014 06:50 PM
    Finally!

All set up and good to go. I had forgotten how sleek and sexy an iPad could be, lol.
    Enjoy it!
    07-02-2014 08:17 PM
    Congrats on the new iPads and I'm sorry they had to come to you that way
    07-02-2014 08:18 PM
    Wow has the keyboard been tweaked on this? It's way better than I remembered! *stoked*
    07-02-2014 08:20 PM
    LOL!!!! Enjoy your iPad! And I hope your son likes his.

So......see ya when the iPhone 6 comes out?
    07-02-2014 08:31 PM
    LOL!!!! Enjoy your iPad! And I hope your son likes his.

So......see ya when the iPhone 6 comes out?
    No way.
    I mean... never say never, but I do love my Blackberry Q10, it does what it does without a glitch, it's perfect.
    07-02-2014 08:44 PM
    Welcome back.
    07-02-2014 10:39 PM
    So I posted the other day about getting a new iPad air for my son.
    For myself, I used a Galaxy Note Pro, which had its issues but was really spitting cool.
    I dropped it.

There was a huge spider in the bathroom, I want it to take a picture with my Note Pro and it slipped out of my hands, shattering the screen all over. The tablet sputtered but would no longer turn on.

So I went to Apple, looked at the iPad Air and figured well, I'm here already, so...
    I had been told by Samsung that repairing my tablet would be over 350 dollars and they couldn't do it right away, I decided it was time for me to come back to Apple.
    So I bought 2 iPad Air + 2 smart cases.

My wallet is traumatized, somebody hold me please, lol.

However...
    THIS THING IS SO FREAKING COOL!!!

And with Apple care, if I ever break my screen again, it will only be 80 bucks.
    I will no doubt miss the Note Pro, but I am glad not to be with a google product anymore.
    I got help from Support to set it up, everything is perfect.

I will surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!....

I am surprising my son with his new iPad tonight.
    Why are you glad to not be with a Google product anymore?

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    07-03-2014 04:14 AM
    Yay. Sounds like you are broke but happy anyways!

Welcome back into the fray. Are you going to leave the iPad stock?

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk Pro.
    07-03-2014 05:05 AM
    Congrats on your purchase, however you should be aware the new iPad airs with Touch ID should be released within the next three months.
    07-03-2014 05:59 AM
    I'm glad not to be with a google product anymore because I've had nothing but trouble with those: everytime I refused an update (this happened with several android products I've had) the update was ultimately forced on me and wound up messing up my device.
    Everytime I disabled google+ it re-enabled and was a battery hog as well as very invasive.
    There were so many issues I had to address every single day, sometimes several times during the day that it became really tedious.

The Note 3 is a fabulous device... On Jellybean, that is. As soon as Kitkat took over, it became a worthless brick.
    And you can't go back.
    Well, it was my phone, I paid for it in full, how dare google force this on me?
    It's like vandalism, honestly.
    So with Apple, you can't reverse an update either but at least they don't force it on you.

My Note Pro was a very cool tablet.
    It had Kitkat but it was built for it.
    (I'm a firm believer that android devices work best with the OS they shipped out with)
    It had it's issues, though but I had very cool features, yet I kept wondering what the next update would do to it.

Honestly, if Blackberry made a good tablet I probably would have gone with that, but they don't.
    I've been playing with this one since I got it yesterday and so far I really like it. And the keyboard has been hugely improved.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention: it's got 128 GB.
    I can put all my work related stuff on there without worrying about running out.

I'm not much of a "gotta get the latest newest thing" kinda person, I don't particularly care about the fingerprint thing either, I just want a tablet that works well for my needs.
    And my needs include work, school and play.

So far I'm pretty pleased.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    07-03-2014 11:21 AM
    Man, if I dropped & broke any of my devices I would just died.
    Sorry you went through that.
    Good Luck
    agalaria likes this.
    07-03-2014 10:07 PM
    Man, if I dropped & broke any of my devices I would just died.
    Sorry you went through that.
    Good Luck
    RIP my friend
    07-03-2014 10:26 PM
    Glad you are happy with the new iPad. I don't believe in cases/covers for devices as my frndz who used cases have also dropped their device and it got damaged. Only advice i can give is even if you have bought the best of best cases you need to be a little careful with your devices.
    07-04-2014 02:25 AM

There was a huge spider in the bathroom, .
    Did you finally click the spider? Welcome.
    07-04-2014 03:12 AM
32 12