I know this topic has been kicked around for a while but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere. I have only had this iPad for about two months. It is the 64 gig LTE version running on AT&T. However, AT&T recently lost some carrier partners (or so I'm told) and I can no longer make or receive phone calls at my home. Therefore I had to switch to Verizon. Now I have this nearly brand new iPad Air that was set up with AT&T. Once I get all my fees paid to AT&T and get the contracts cleared out can I use this iPad on Verizon? From what I have been able to come up with, the answer is yes. But I don't know for sure. I don't have a tablet yet on Verizon so I can't just pop a SIM card in and find out. Unless the sim in my 5S would work. This is my first iPad so I'm not to up to speed in this area. From what I have read on Apple's website all the iPads are the same and pretty much universal but I'm not sure. Any help would be great appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-07-2014 10:57 PM
    Yes it should work. It's up to Verizon. They have been known to allow it in the past. T-Mobile does for sure as I am typing to you from an AT&T Air on T-Mobile. Sprint does not allow it. All the correct radios are in your device for all the carriers. Verizon may need to authorize you to use their network and they have done this in the past for people I have heard.
    05-07-2014 11:10 PM
    I just popped my sim from my Verizon 5S into my AT&T iPad Air and it works like a charm. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I really hated the idea of selling my iPad and buying a new one. With the financial hit I would have taken there is no way I would have been able to get another 64 gig LTE model. Thanks for info!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    pkcable likes this.
    05-07-2014 11:29 PM