Why No Touch I.D. and no Headphone Jack on the bottom?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
There are two main features on the current iPad Air that annoy me a bit. Other than that the iPad Air is great. I can't wait to see what Apple has in store for the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3 (Touch I.D., maybe a better Retina display, a thinner bezel free design like the iPhone 6).

1) Why did Apple not include Touch I.D. in the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (iPad Mini with Retina Display)? According to information I read before the two devices were released, it was due to supply constraints. However, I think if there were not any supply constraints at the time, Apple would have included Touch I.D. I have an iPhone 5s so it is annoying sometimes to have to sign in to iTunes and the App Store with a password on my iPad and on my iPhone 5s I just use Touch I.D. (I don't use a passcode to unlock my iPad Air)).

2) The headphone jack on the iPad Air is on the top of the iPad, not the bottom. This annoys me because the iPhone 5,5s,5c, and 5th generation iPod Touch have the headphone jack on the bottom. I would expect Apple to do some conformity among its product's designs and put the headphone jack on the bottom of future iPads instead of on the top. On the other hand I guess it is a bit more convenient on the iPad to have the jack on the top.

KingBuick.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB Wifi + Cellular. Both devices are using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
1) Because it is a feature to help push the next gen iPads coupled with the fact that there truly were supply constraints and they were barely able to handle it for the 5S at that point in time when they were trying to produce more 5S's. The 5S became more popular that they thought. Even Tim Cook admitted that. I think Apple giving them both great specs last time was enough for them to push those products.

2) I really, really wish the iPhones had the headphone jacks at the top like the 4S and below. In my opinion, it is in better position there. Apple puts it at the top on the iPads simply because there is plenty of room on the internal side of things to have it up there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh