Zagg Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad Air

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm debating whether or not to get this keyboard case. Is it reliable? If any of you own one, what do you like and dislike about it?

This would be my first iPad keyboard case and the iPad Air is my first iPad.

Thank you!

KingBuick.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular, both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have one and I use it almost everyday. I love the keyboard layout. A lot of the other Bluetooth keyboards for the iPad have weird layouts that make it difficult to quickly and accurately with. I also like that it has a backlit keyboard. Makes typing at night in the bed a joy. The battery life is great. The only thing that I don't like is that the case with the iPad in it seems to be top heavy. It feels like you can easily tip it over sometimes. Doesn't feel solid like a regular laptop when it's open. But that is a minor gripe. Everything else is awesome.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Last edited:

gpd129det

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I plan on checking out the flip keyboard case that comes out this month by igear. I believe it is over at wwww.igearunlimited.com. Little pricey but it looks like it is also going to be backlit.

Jhinty#IM

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the backlit keyboard by Zagg. Have used it for about two months and it worked beautifully. Loved the layout of the keys. Used the backlighting feature occasionally and it came in handy. After two months it started acting wonky and then it would no longer take a charge. Contacted customer service and they responded immediately. Zagg is sending out a replacement and I will be sending back the defective unit. Crossing my fingers that I just got a bad unit as I loved the keyboard when it was working.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I use the Zagg Backlit Folio keyboard with my Air, my personal experience has been positive, the keyboard is wonderful to use, feels solid and the keys are well spaced out.

The geek in me likes the ability to change the colour of the backlit keys.

The only downside to this keyboard is;

1. Can be awkward to get the Air out, especially if like me you only use the keyboard when typing.
2. The keyboard case makes the whole package quite heavy and bulky, fine if you are carrying in a briefcase but not ideal for daily use.

If you can live with the above then this is by far the best keyboard case for the iPad, I've tried quite a few.

Hope this helps.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The top heavy issues were too much for me to stand. I have since gone to the Anker bluetooth keyboard. It looks like the Logitech keyboard snap on case. It perfectly balances on a table or desk. The keyboard is very responsive and the layout is similar to a regular keyboard. I didn't think that the top heavy nature of the Zagg Folio keyboard case would be much of a problem, but after a few weeks, I couldn't stand it. Also, when you illuminate the keys on the Zagg, the battery life diminishes very quickly.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday my wife bought the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.
Works great as a keyboard.
Works great as a stand for the iPad Air since you an adjust the angle.
Also easy to remove the Keyboard completely and use as a stand alone iPad. This was key feature that make the purchase.
Good Luck

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the case, had one for my Mini and I thought it was great, but it quickly became an annoyance to remove it from the case when I didn't or want the keyboard attached. So for my Air I bought the Folio Cover, the iPad just slides it and pulls out, great keyboard, love it. Zagg definitely makes the best iPad keyboards I've used.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the case, had one for my Mini and I thought it was great, but it quickly became an annoyance to remove it from the case when I didn't or want the keyboard attached. So for my Air I bought the Folio Cover, the iPad just slides it and pulls out, great keyboard, love it. Zagg definitely makes the best iPad keyboards I've used.

I will agree, the Zagg keyboards have been the best in my experience. The tactile feedback is spectacular. I love that the keys are backlit and the keyboard layout is awesome. I also like the Logitech keyboards, but I have yet to see one that is as all-around good as the Zagg ones.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I should have updated this post when I bought the case in late April/ early May. I've been using it a bit and so far it's great. I mainly use the Apple leather Smart Case because I have matching iPhone 5s Apple leather made cases.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I should have updated this post when I bought the case in late April/ early May. I've been using it a bit and so far it's great. I mainly use the Apple leather Smart Case because I have matching iPhone 5s Apple leather made cases.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB, using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

I like the leather Apple case too. How are you with typing on the virtual keyboard? I notice that when I use the virtual keyboard a lot on consecutive days, I'm quite good with it. But if I don't use it for a while, I am very slow with it.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The main thing I didn't like about the folio was that it wasn't the easiest to get the iPad out of there. I leave my iPad attached to the case ~most~ of the time but there are often occasions where I take it out for reading mode (especially on the weekend when I read the news via iPad instead of on my phone during lunch at work). I switched to the Zagg Keyboard Cover because of this and I am quite fond of it. It doesn't offer as much protection as the Folio but it is easier to pull the iPad out and since the iPad doesn't really leave my house I am not to worried about it getting damaged.

Keys are great, layout is great. I love the backlight options (multiple colors and brightness settings). Keyboard's battery lasts a pretty long time. When the iPad is inserted, the charge ports for the keyboard and iPad line up with each other so it's easy to plug them in. Only major issue I have is that sometimes the keyboard is not able to wake the iPad from sleep properly and I have to reset the BT connection to get it working again. I think this is something to do with a glitch in iOS more than the keyboard but w/e it is an easy fix.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1407958901.598027.jpg

I started using this setup. I have my iPad Air in a Belkin stand and am using the Apple bluetooth keyboard. I really like it. The keyboard is the best keyboard that I have used, feels good, and is grippy at the bottom so the keyboard isn't sliding all over the place. I just ordered a TPU skin to go my Air so that when I am done at the office, I can just pick up my Air from the stand and take it with me and use it as a multimedia device when I'm at home. I think I get the best of all worlds this way. I bought the Belkin stand for $21.99 at Office Max. But I saw some pretty nice ones on Amazon for half the price.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The main thing I didn't like about the folio was that it wasn't the easiest to get the iPad out of there. I leave my iPad attached to the case ~most~ of the time but there are often occasions where I take it out for reading mode (especially on the weekend when I read the news via iPad instead of on my phone during lunch at work). I switched to the Zagg Keyboard Cover because of this and I am quite fond of it. It doesn't offer as much protection as the Folio but it is easier to pull the iPad out and since the iPad doesn't really leave my house I am not to worried about it getting damaged.

Keys are great, layout is great. I love the backlight options (multiple colors and brightness settings). Keyboard's battery lasts a pretty long time. When the iPad is inserted, the charge ports for the keyboard and iPad line up with each other so it's easy to plug them in. Only major issue I have is that sometimes the keyboard is not able to wake the iPad from sleep properly and I have to reset the BT connection to get it working again. I think this is something to do with a glitch in iOS more than the keyboard but w/e it is an easy fix.

Have you seen the new rugged Zagg? I really like the look. It's not out yet but I like the way the iPad comes off the keyboard.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...2Frugged-folio-ipad-air%2F8974&token=0bxNIhnF

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
bame9upu.jpg

Here it is.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Got it and love it. Unhooks very easy to flip it over into reading mode. But still has a good grip with the magnets to keep it from falling apart. It's a bit pricey but to me it's way worth it.

sute2u2u.jpg

pa4aha4u.jpg

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Got it and love it. Unhooks very easy to flip it over into reading mode. But still has a good grip with the magnets to keep it from falling apart. It's a bit pricey but to me it's way worth it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/23/sute2u2u.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/23/pa4aha4u.jpg

I will say this, Zagg makes some awesome keyboards. I have always enjoyed them. The one thing that deters me from buying a keyboard case now is that when iOS 8 comes out, we will have the option to have gesture typing keyboards to download and then I won't need a keyboard at all. For now, I'm happy with my Apple Bluetooth keyboard. I did exchange my stand for a leather Apple iPad case. I use that now as a stand with the Apple keyboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner