Facebook won't let me log in. The FB app tells me to add a password in the iPad's settings. No where on the settings page to add my FB ID just my FB password. Once I enter the password I get a notification box saying "can't connect to server" If I go back to the app, and try to just cancel the request to add password it just loops back to the message. I can't exit from the screen unless I power off the iPad.
    03-31-2014 09:48 PM
    Welcome to IMore , try closing apps, delete FB, reboot iPad holding home button and power button at same time till Apple logo. Reinstall FB.
    03-31-2014 11:24 PM
    Welcome to the iMore community. Delete the app then reboot. Then reinstall FB. Good luck.
    04-01-2014 12:22 AM
    I have deleted, rebooted and reinstalled. That didn't work. Still not able to open the app at all. When I tap the app I get the pop up message to enter password in settings. Follow the link provided, enter password, get the message"cannot connect with server. Exit out of settings and immediately returns to the app with the message box. iPad will not let me exit the app by canceling the message or hitting ok. The only way out of the app it to turn off the iPad.
    04-01-2014 08:32 AM
    I have deleted, rebooted and reinstalled. That didn't work. Still not able to open the app at all. When I tap the app I get the pop up message to enter password in settings. Follow the link provided, enter password, get the message"cannot connect with server. Exit out of settings and immediately returns to the app with the message box. iPad will not let me exit the app by canceling the message or hitting ok. The only way out of the app it to turn off the iPad.
    Check the following:

1. Check to see if Facebook is having server/network-related issues. https://developers.facebook.com/status/
    or http://downrightnow.com/facebook
    2. Check to make sure you're connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or Cellular Data/
    04-01-2014 10:20 AM
    On the iPad are you going settings scroll down to Facebook tap on your name add user name and password?
    04-01-2014 10:31 AM
    On the iPad are you going settings scroll down to Facebook tap on your name add user name and password?
    Yes I am online. Able to open FB in Safari and log in. Settings > Facebook> sign in still says cannot connect with server.
    I followed the link you posted. Sounds like they did have an issue on March 19/14 but have posted that it was resolved that same date.
    I'm stumped.
    04-01-2014 01:20 PM
    Settings, scroll down to Facebook. No name listed no option to add user name. Facebook displays my name and requests that I add my password. Every time I do this I get the same response. "Cannot Connect With Server" I am connected. The only other option on this screen is to Delete Account. I have tried this several times but nothing changes, no response. I have also deleted the app. and rebooted my iPad. Then reinstalled both from the settings>Facebook screen and from the iTunes app. Nothing seems to get me past the problem on the Settings>Facebook page. I can access FB through Safari.
    thuytienxanh likes this.
    04-01-2014 03:09 PM
    I finally restored my iPad to factory settings hoping that would fix the problem. It didn't.
    Screenshot 1 - if I cancel the message, it just keeps popping up. The home button has no function, I can't escape the page unless I click settings.That takes me to
    Screenshot 2 - click settings,
    Screenshot 3. enter the password and get the message on
    Screenshot 4
    (I have also tried deleting the account from the settings page but that does nothing)
    Attached Thumbnails Updated to IOS 7.1 now FB app can't connect to server.-photo-4.png   Updated to IOS 7.1 now FB app can't connect to server.-photo-3.png   Updated to IOS 7.1 now FB app can't connect to server.-photo-2.png   Updated to IOS 7.1 now FB app can't connect to server.-photo-1.png  
    04-01-2014 10:58 PM
    I finally restored my iPad to factory settings hoping that would fix the problem. It didn't.
    Screenshot 1 - if I cancel the message, it just keeps popping up. The home button has no function, I can't escape the page unless I click settings.That takes me to
    Screenshot 2 - click settings,
    Screenshot 3. enter the password and get the message on
    Screenshot 4
    (I have also tried deleting the account from the settings page but that does nothing)
    Restore to factory settings one more time. This time, set it up as a new iPad. Dont sign in to iCloud, iTunes or anything else. Do the new iPad set up first. It is possible that this is where the hiccup occurs. If that does not resolve your issue, you may want to think about an appointment with the Genius Bar.
    Just_Me_D and Puzzlme like this.
    04-01-2014 11:57 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to sync Facebook calendars to Iphone calendar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-09-2014 01:26 PM
    So, i've had the same issues. When you say to set up the ipad as new... are you inferring i need to do that from the ipad itself?
    05-10-2014 06:42 PM